Another Heron ... not quite so close.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
This is shot around a small set of ponds in Mile End park during my lunch break sometime last week... Behind the environmental park bit.
I've been shooting this guy and his mates on and off for a few years now, always looking for that lovely comp or action shot, last week I actually caught him catching a fish for the first time, although its not that exciting comp wise, just imagine the one below... a few frames further on, closer in, with him bending forwards with a tiny fish in his mouth and you've got it.

This ones my fave of the bunch, what do you think? :)

heronreeds.jpg

(y) i like it

keep at it the shot you want will come in time im sure(y)

md(y)

He looks very regal :) You also captured some beautiful light by the looks of things too.

Nice shot. Herons are definitely avoiding me. They're never at my local reserve when I go.

Dave ... The more I try the nearer I get, your so right.

Jo ... It is nice light isn't it Jo, makes the shot I think.

Cedric... Two or three around Victoria Park and local waterways canals etc ...be very pleased to show you the spots if your ever passing through mate.

Glad you like it guys. :)

Most frames where shot with aperture priority between f2.8-4 giving reasonable speeds of between 250/500 + speeds. iso200.

The catch shot for your interest ... a disappointingly un-splashy shot I though.

heronreeds2.jpg

Well caught FB (y) watched the gulls mob a Heron yesterday and forced it to land.

superb shots
how did you get so close?

Very well exposed Adam and great captures. (y)

Thanks Colin. (y)

...shame I left the last one un-straightened eh. :puke:

superb shots
how did you get so close?

I hid in the reeds nearby, kept my head down and didn't look at him directly... a pint of ale and half an hour later and he walked straight passed me into this lovely spot.

Click, bingo, wahay...

It was only the plastic glass that let the side down. ;)

See, thats the problem with wildlife, never do what you want them to do when you want them to do it :LOL:

First shot is excellent Adam, beautiful light, well composed with some 'space' for him to look into, and plenty of feather detail and well exposed. What more can a shot need?

Second one has all the points of above, but like you say, a bit more splash would have been nice, for a fish shot...still bloody good though :D

Back