Another new member

Edit My Images
No
Hi, All. My wife spotted this forum and signed me up. Is that legal? Anyway, photography is about to become a big part of my life again after a long lay off. I got into it initially in the mid-seventies when a friend casually mentioned he'd been bought a beginner's darkroom kit as a birthday or Christmas present, but never touched it. We pooled our pocket money to buy chemicals and got going in his dad's tool cupboard. A year or two later I bought my first SLR, a Zenit B. I shot mainly B&W in those days, but as a special treat I put a roll of Kodachrome through it. ISO 25 meant a tripod for nearly everything. In my early twenties I was at college and using an OM1; in my first year of work I upgraded to a second-hand OM2 (sadly, not the beautiful black version) and built up a small collection of Olympus lenses. I also acquired a very second-hand Mamiya medium-format camera a few years later which I used for portraiture, having a superb north-facing skylight in my flat living room. I even painted up a roll of canvas from friend's art department to make a rudimentary backdrop. Living in North Wales at the time meant weekend trips to Snowdonia for landscapes was a great option, even if the vagaries of the weather meant sometimes not a single frame got exposed. I had access to a pretty good darkroom at that time and punished myself with marathon sessions in there. When marriage and children came along, and demands on my salary diverted just about all available cash into grown-up stuff, time and resources for my hobby dimished. I sold my kit and adopted a point-and-shoot lifestyle. We migrated to digital in 2001 with a Canon G2, by which time we had a PC, of course, and suddenly photo editing and retouching was unbelievably more convenient. I haven't peed in a sink since going digital. But two weeks ago I got my Christmas and birthday presents in one - a Nikon D200 camera body. What a thing of beauty it is. Frustratingly, I still have no lens. I've set my heart on the 18-200mm VR zoom, but tried getting one of those lately? I'm hoping to get hold of an 18-70 in the interim, and soon, so I can start using the camera. You'll be sure to see me on these forums when I do. Looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard. :wave: And happy new camera!

Hiya :wave:

Nice first post but a little hard to read.

It would have been a lot easier to read if you had broken the text down into smaller chunks with some paragraphs.

Just my opinion so don't let it put you off :)

Hi not been on here too long myself but scroll through it all and you will find plenty to keep you ocupied and enertain you so welcome and look forward to some fine shots when your lens arrves.

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Mr P ... (y)

Glad you joined us Darksiders ... enjoy the D200 m8 ... :D

PS - Joe is probably right for once ... for the short term ... :naughty:

:p

(y) welcome(y)

:welcome: Hi, i love photography and i'm new too. my BF (Joe T) is on this site all the time so joining has made it easier to talk to him now too! tee hee:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

welcome mr pleasant and ladybird, i'm new too:wave:

Btw ladybird and joe T..No petting posts allowed on these forums:nono: :LOL:

hello

Hi and WELCOME to all new folks on this thread!!

May you learn lots and enjoy the forum...There is no better,trust me(y)

New camera and no lens!

Sounds like a form of torture. Get a lens off ebay then sell it again once you get what you want.

Welcome to the forums :)

Hiya :wave:

Nice first post but a little hard to read.

I know, I know! It was written in a terrible rush and I'm embarrassed by the typos now.

Aldershot! Until last June I lived in Ash Vale. If I still lived there I might have been popping over to borrow a cup of sugar and a lens...

PS Thanks for all the welcomes.

hullo (both)

welcome along

Hi Ladybird and Mr Pleasant, hope you get your lens soon.

:wave:

Back