Another One Looking At College Courses...

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Feeling pig sick this morning, Ive had a crappy weekend where I took 2nd place at Earls Court (Nails), beaten to 1st place by 1 lousy point. Later learned one of the judges brought in last minute who marked me down terribly ... was my rival on the circuit. Ive put in a complaint but as yet no-one has responded.
It feels like yet another nail in the coffin (pardon the pun) on my nails career as I am becoming more disillusioned in the industry by the day .

Postie just delivered a cert of 'Distinction' ooh I like thats word, lol! for completing the first part of my C&G course last year. It fired my interest enough to ring up to see if I would be allowed to go back and complete the second part... Im so down right now and I need a something to focus my interest on.
I got talking to the head of Photograhy and he suggested I may like to join him for the AS Photography course and Im going along to the Induction evening next week. Im not sure this will be for me ... I like my digital, lol!
Im sure Min, & I think also Jonny, were looking at this course so Id be interested to hear any feedback from you guys if you've started yet.

Hey on the upside of life .... got my new lighting kit delivered again yesterday (took DF's advice and sent the other back) Anyone fancy coming around to help me put a softbox together! :thinking:

Anyone fancy coming around to help me put a softbox together! :thinking:

Me me me. Damn, too far away at the moment!

Listen chin up, your snapping is coming on leaps and bounds, really. Keep going and look at it towards the natural evolution in your photog career.

Your insight into the industry cannot be bought, nor your talent.

Oh and finally, you look great! Keep smiling!

It aint all bad:love: :) (y)

I've just signed up for a college course, NCFE Level 1, as it's the only one our local college does, here are the details for the course if they any use.

CLICKY

Are you available to study full time?
I've just started a HND in photography, which seems pretty good - without meaning offence to anybody here who may be doing this, I can't help but feel that the A level photography courses look decidedly basic - ie, you may pick up bits n bobs but I think you're mostly beyond that.

InaGlow,

Sounds like you're having better luck as far as the courses than I am....I was interested in doing an O level in photography as an evening class, but there was not enough interest to run it :-(

Andy,

That NCFE Level 1 sounds exactly what I was looking for...are you doing it as a full or part time course? I am stuck as i can only do evenings due to work..

Regards,

Pete

Pete: I'm doing this as an evening course, one night a week for 30 weeks ( I think ) it's being run by my local 6th form college. I was lucky to get on as it filled up quite quickly.

Well done on coming second (could make a joke there but won't :LOL:). One point between you & first place is sickening though.

I went to the induction night of the AS level photography course last night, and it seems quite good. I have never done anything with a film camera (other than a compact point n shoot), so I'm quite looking forward to going back to basics and learning from scratch. As Hoodi said, some of the course does sound quite basic, and we're all being treated as though we know jack about photography, which suits me fine. We will be given portfolios and projects to do - the first of which is 'portraits'. I'm really looking forward to the course and think I'll enjoy it. I just hope it re-lights my enthusiasm!

Congratulations on second place (y)

If you were cheated out of first, it will only come back and bite the other party in the bum further down the road.

Which softbox do you have?

If its the bowens 60, insert the rods into the fabric.
Then look on the mounting bracket for a logo, the hole nearest the logo should be for the final rod fitting. The one opposite should be first.
The rods do bend, so don't worry about applying some presure to them.

HTH

Congrats on :2nd: chuck :) Like Matt said, it'll come back and bite em on the arris in the future. You know you were :1st: worthy, and that's what matters :)

Back