Another robin!!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken yesterday, when the weather was a bit better!!

Taken here, Branston Water Park.
This was about an hour later.

that is one neat Robin!
well done, sir! (y)

Canny stuff(y)(y)

Very nice indeed. :clap::clap::clap:

Did you give its feathers a comb before the shot. :p

top notch shot

the robin is a great shot (y)

How do you get feathers that sharp?
This is my miserable effort. What am I doing wrong?
robin_0.jpg

It was fairly poor light and a biggish crop.
Sorry if I am hijacking the thread.

I'm not sure really. Could be camera shake? Looks like you shot at 1/60s, which is quite low, unless you had support? Having said that I also shot at 1/60s, handheld, at twice your focal length (400mm), but I have IS to help me out a bit. I suppose it's how steady your hand is.

BTW, my shot is full frame, apart from the square crop. Robins usually let you get reasonably close to them, if you're careful. My technique is to take a few shots, take a step forward, take a few more and repeat until he flies off!! There are far more experienced bird photographers here. Maybe one of them can tell you where you are going wrong?

I'm not sure really. Could be camera shake? Looks like you shot at 1/60s, which is quite low, unless you had support? Having said that I also shot at 1/60s, handheld, at twice your focal length (400mm), but I have IS to help me out a bit. I suppose it's how steady your hand is.

BTW, my shot is full frame, apart from the square crop. Robins usually let you get reasonably close to them, if you're careful. My technique is to take a few shots, take a step forward, take a few more and repeat until he flies off!! There are far more experienced bird photographers here. Maybe one of them can tell you where you are going wrong?
Light was bad so ISO set at 800, shutter at 1/60 camera on mono pod (well closed up tripod so I could move around easily) No IS on the lens.

Back