another rock

Name
AndyT
Edit My Images
Yes
it was hand held and a bit breeezy so there was a smidge of movement between the shots i had merged and tonemapped, so please forgive the softness - is there a better way to align images for HDR? i am just using photomatix and letting that align them..

anyway the image - i'll try this again with a tripod sometime

brimham2sml.jpg

all C&C appreciated

(y)Not bad. Doesn't look too HDR's. I'd get rid:wave: of the 2 ramblers tho

not too bad! if there is too much movement between the shot why not try it with just 1 made into 3? By that i mean saving the same shot at different exposure values and use those? You may not get quite the same amount of tonal range but the images will be alligned :)

i think i did shoot RAW & JPEG that day, i might play with a single RAW image and see what i get, thanks

oooh, Brimham Rocks? Great place. It's a nice scene, but a different composition would improve it for me. Perhaps crop from the top right corner. That will take out some of the sky and move that central rock off centre. I'd definitely keep the walkers though - they stop my eye walking out of the picture ;)

It is obviously a matter of taste but I find the HDR colours a bit too garish for me, esp the bracken and sky.

the tighter crop i think accentuates the movement... i'll have to process a single RAW file later
thanks for comments everyone, here's a new crop
brimham2smlcrp.jpg

Back