Another set from Sunderland Airshow

A good set but the first one is really unusual and very well captured.

I was going to ask what kind of focal length you needed for this, but i saw 400mm in the FlickR thing.

That first one is stunning! is that the entire frame, or a bit of a crop, or a lot of a crop?

Was at the Sunderland airshow last year, the only thing I saw was seafog & 0.5second glimpse of the tail of a eurofigher :(

nice
mine came out rather poorly with 70-300IS
I think the 400mm x1.6 range is pretty handy and L glass to get the best out of a subject like that.

very nice crisp shots, especially like the Dutch F-16 which I missed on the day due to general saturday morning laziness
your metering is spot on too. spot metering or manual perhaps? I had quite some problems...hopefully will improve though
there was a chap on the beach front with some hefy 100-400L glass in camo colours, wasn't you by any chance was it?

Amazing shots, how you get your aircraft so perfectly lit compared to the sky?

My planes comeout to dark or to light...

nice
mine came out rather poorly with 70-300IS
I think the 400mm x1.6 range is pretty handy and L glass to get the best out of a subject like that.

very nice crisp shots, especially like the Dutch F-16 which I missed on the day due to general saturday morning laziness
your metering is spot on too. spot metering or manual perhaps? I had quite some problems...hopefully will improve though
there was a chap on the beach front with some hefy 100-400L glass in camo colours, wasn't you by any chance was it?

It may have been me with the camo lens, i dont remember if i put it on or not! i was stoodwith my non photography mate. lol

If im honest, i dont understand spot metering. i.e what it is or how to do it :LOL:

i tend to do things on a trail and error basis. i was shooting with the exposure set to be .3 over exposed (i think?)

my knowledge of photography terms is severely lacking :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanx for all the feedback, its greatly appreciated

excellent set of shots - off to the air show in eastbourne tomorrow so will hope to get some photos 1/10 as good as these!!

tom, this is easily the best photos I've seen from you man. Farnborough is next year, I'll give you and Matt a shout and we'll get some tickets sorted out.

Back