Another shot.

L

Liz.

Still getting used to my new Canon 400D camera.
Took this shot today

IMGP2397_edited-1_3750x638.jpg

What do you think?
Any comments and suggestions please.

That's really not at all bad Liz with a good composition and nice contrast between the red and greens in the shot ... (y)

It does look a little oversaturated and rich in red particularly though and perhaps needs to be toned down ever so slightly imgo ... :shrug: ... and you need to decide whether you want to limit DoF on the background to focus on a subject or use it to enhance the overall effect ... :thinking:

:p

It does look a tad over saturated .... Which is easily done.

It also is a bit of an unusual crop. Not easy getting your shots printed in this ratio. Try cropping to a more commonly used ratios.

Hi Liz ... hope you don't mind but I had a little play just to illustrate my point about DoF ... not perfect by any stretch but a very Q & D on noise reduction, reduced saturation and a bit of background blur purely for comparison ... :shrug: ... you may not like it but it is simply just to highlight the differences is all ... :cautious:

IMGP2397_edited-1_3750x638.jpg

I definatly think the second edit is better.

Was this taken in Auto? I think here you could have used Aperture priority (A) and used a smaller f-stop to blur the background more. A bit like in Ven's edit - but in camera so it looks real :p.

Back