Ansel Adams - Major Exhibition, Edinburgh

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all

When reading my local newspaper (Dundee Courier)yesterday I read that there has opened in Edinburgh a major exhibition of 150 original Ansel Adams prints together with black and white images by Scottish Landscape photographer Lindsay Robertson, the person responsible for bringing the exhibition from America. For those interested in traditional black and white photography by a master photographer this would be well worth viewing.

The exhibition runs from yesterday until April 18th in the City Art Centre, Market Street Edinburgh. Being a native of Edinburgh I can advise that Market Street runs behind the Waverley Station about 5 mins walk from the east end of Princes Street.

Thought the Forum might like to know about it.

So, the train down from Inverness ending at Waverley Station, followed by a short walk should get me there?

I always park at Dynamic Earth if parking in middle of Edinburgh, just because there always seems to be spaces. Not too handy for Waverly though...erm.....Cant think where to park around there. I think they got rid of the car park I used on some kinda waste ground behind the station :(

Could be a good exhibition to see ;) might have to try and work out a trip to Edinburgh :)

No problem folks. I will be there at the end of February.

Can't helpre parking as I leave my car at my daughters in Leith but parking in Edinburgh is a swine. No congestion charges and there is park and ride certainly from fifw but not sure if there are any other routes. Contact me again if I can be of further help

Its a long way and will cost a bob or two but I'm gonna see these prints.

Most of my photographic life I have had this mans name rammed down my throat as some sort of 'god'.

Well it's the first opportunity to see for myself - convert or non convert?

We (I) shall see.

I will be in or around the exhibition most of the 20th of Feb.
, see you there?

Was planning to go down on the 21st but I'll see if I can manage on the 20th instead.

If you see a round, thinning on top fella with glasses, carrying a small camera bag it might be me - will probably be sitting and looking - lazy type person.:)

rofl, it will be like looking in a mirror! :)

I parked at the St James Shopping Centre Car park the other day for 4 hours and it cost me £4.40, it's at the Playhouse end of Princess Street for those that don't know. So not too expensive and about a 5 minute walk to Market Street.

Map HERE

My wife mentioned that they paid about £11 across the road in Greenside Place last week :eek:

Mike.

Back