Any bluetooth headset tecchies here?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi - I tried to use a Siemens HHB-610 BT Headset which I have left unopened for a year or so (!) When I plug it in to charge it should show a steady red light when charging but the red led comes on for a second & it goes to a steady green led - when you take it off the charger no led is lit (?)
I assume the battery may be boogared but can't see how to get at it or indeed if you can despite the fact that the handbook says the "batteries do wear out & are only guaranteed for a 6 months" (so presumably you can replace them otherwize the headset is useless?)
I have had a google around but can't find anything out about this problem
Any help greatly appreciated ... Paul (y)

Is there an on/off button? The LED might come on when plugged in but then when you unplug it from the charger, it will go off again unless you've actually switched it on.

does a push and hold of the button fire it up?
From the sound of it the battery may be knackered. Usually they just prise apart - look for a join and see if fingernails can pull it in half to get at the innards.

With most headsets you have to hold the power/talk button for 2-3s to switch it on/off. They normally have light which flashes every few seconds when they're switched on.

Does the green LED indicate that its fully charged? Without seeing a manual I'd expect a red LED to mean 'low battery' and a green LED to mean 'charge complete' or 'charging'. Do you have a manual you can check?

Thanks everyone - I've left the set at work to charge overnight - most of what you've said I've tried (holding in buttons etc) - I do have a manual (in 96 languages!) but it would all fit on a piece of A4 - It's dire - I'm pretty sure I will need to remove & replace the battery so I'll see if it comes apart like markp suggests - btw there is an on off switch but the led does not come on with the switch on or off ... Paul (y)

What type of bettery is it?
If its a li-ion (Lithium Ion) battery they do degrade over time, even if its not in use. So if youve tried charging it over night and its still not working its a good chance that the battery has given up.

What type of bettery is it?
If its a li-ion (Lithium Ion) battery they do degrade over time, even if its not in use. So if youve tried charging it over night and its still not working its a good chance that the battery has given up.

D-137 yes it is a Li-Ion battery & after leaving it on charge all night it still doesn't do anything :bonk: - I've tried opening it but its not having any of it - I'll pop into Vodafone & see if they can prise it apart without breaking it!
Any other advice anyone (?)
Paul ;)

What does the manual say ? , I have to different makes of headset & neither shows a light unless switched on in the correct way.

ps Lithiom Ion batteries should last at least 2 years before they begin reduce in capacity :)

What does the manual say ? , I have to different makes of headset & neither shows a light unless switched on in the correct way.

ps Lithiom Ion batteries should last at least 2 years before they begin reduce in capacity :)

mr g - hi as i said b4 the manual is complete sh!te and apart from saying the battery is only guaranteed for 6 months :eek: doesn't mention it again / show where it is / tell you how to get at it etc
I went into a Voda shop & they had never seen the headset b4 & didnt know how to get at the battery! Will have to try the Voda shop where I got the headset (in a different town)
Thinkin' of backing the car over the li'l bugger tbh :nuts:
Paul ;)

On one of my headsets the light is red during charging then goes off. I then push the up/down volume toggle button "in" and hold for 6 seconds then the LED starts flashing blue to indicate on/linked. If you scanned/posted the manual I "might" be able to make sense out of it (designed this sort of stuff & I've got a warped mind ;))

mr g - no like i said in my first post the led goes red for less than a second when you plug it in to the charger & then goes green whereas the manual says when charging the led should be red & then goes green when charged - the battery is dead i just need to find out how to remove & replace it - the manual does not have anything in it about this so there is no point in letting you see it imho ... Paul (y)

Back