Any body bee sleeping??

Very good. Just out of interest what stacking software do you use and what dual head flash? Just wondered because I got another one recently and still tinkering with the diffusion.

Ta!

Super shots Bryn (ive been too busy of late to bee taking photos, plus the weather has been rubbish here), though Im in cornwall for week from Saturday so will be taking the macro gear) - looks like you've really got a handle on the MP-E fella (y) Stunners

Wonderful set of photograph,s a joy the see them.

The detail in it's face is excellent though m8. Kudos.

Paul.

Thanks again

Very good. Just out of interest what stacking software do you use and what dual head flash? Just wondered because I got another one recently and still tinkering with the diffusion.

Ta!

I use Zerene it is a bit of a pain cause shots have to be aligned within 5% for it to work. Hence for unsupported handheld I tend to only do 2 shot stacks.

As for dual flash I use 2 X 270ex ii mounted on a bit of a setup. Allows fast recycle times.

Wow that picture is something else. Fantastic.

Thank you Tom much appreciated.

Super shots Bryn (ive been too busy of late to bee taking photos, plus the weather has been rubbish here), though Im in cornwall for week from Saturday so will be taking the macro gear) - looks like you've really got a handle on the MP-E fella (y) Stunners

Thanks Carl appreciate the comment and you get yourself out ;) I know it's hArd with 2 little monkeys.

Wonderful set of photograph,s a joy the see them.

Thank you appreciate the comment

Detail, sharpness and lighting all really good, top shots

Thanks Rob that means a lot from you.

Nice set of images Bryn, great detail and especially like #1.(y)

George.

Very nice set. I've seen bees asleep on flowers at night before. It must be nice to be able to hook yourself in and catch a few zzz's without worrying about falling. :)

Very nice set. I've seen bees asleep on flowers at night before. It must be nice to be able to hook yourself in and catch a few zzz's without worrying about falling. :)

Thanks a lot there is some crazy bee sleepers around nomada bees clamp on with their jaws.

Brilliant shots Byrn(y) very nice looking bee:)

Thanks Icy I have a few shots that you might find upsetting will post tomorrow.

Excellent work Bryn. Very nice diffusion.

What a great looking little guy! Love these photos with great detail in them.
Well done!

What a great looking little guy! Love these photos with great detail in them.
Well done!

Thanks and he is a hansome chap.

Awesome set, No2 is superb!!! No.1 would of been the winner except it has soft spots on the stack, but you already knew that!

Thanks Neil... warts and all I'm still very please with how it has come out.

Great shots Bryn. They have so much punch and colour. :clap:

Thanks David good to see you appear in the Macro section again reminds me I need to venture out lol :D

Nice. I think the first two show the benefit of stacking very well, even with tiny stacks.

Is that a gap in the stack in the first one (back of the head, e.g fur between head and thorax)?

I use Zerene it is a bit of a pain cause shots have to be aligned within 5% for it to work.

Are you sure about that Bryn? I don't do much stacking, but this

0461 01 2011_10_02 P1210914-16 ZS Edit-PSS2
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

was produced in Zerene with no problem from these three. I'm not sure exactly how to assess alignment within 5%, but would you think these are that closely aligned?

Originals for 0461 01, poorly aligned

Nice. I think the first two show the benefit of stacking very well, even with tiny stacks.

Is that a gap in the stack in the first one (back of the head, e.g fur between head and thorax)?

was produced in Zerene with no problem from these three. I'm not sure exactly how to assess alignment within 5%, but would you think these are that closely aligned?

Hi Nick to answer your question your stack is on a tripod by looks of it...

I do handheld so alignment will go on axis not just positioning within the frame also see your spider has not moved.... if a leg had moved you may have got an issue where zerene will create an extra leg :D

On #1 the hairs between head and thorax is what is missing in the 2 shots.... I would have need 2 shots for head and one for thorax truly but this was unsupported hand held.

A great set Bryn

Thanks Kevin

I'm pretty sure it's all about Zerene picking up clear shapes rather than aligning within 5%. I have done many a stack where I thought it would work perfectly but for some reason Zerene gets confused, yet I've done stacks which are no way within 10% more like 20% yet they work out fine!!!

I'm pretty sure it's all about Zerene picking up clear shapes rather than aligning within 5%. I have done many a stack where I thought it would work perfectly but for some reason Zerene gets confused, yet I've done stacks which are no way within 10% more like 20% yet they work out fine!!!

cool

Back