Any Comments

Name
jaime
Edit My Images
Yes
skye_at_hollyrood.jpg

Any comments, looking for constructive critisism.:thinking:

Nice, but try giving it a bit of a sharpen Jamie. :)

Whilst it's not something carved in stone, a good rule to remember with kids and animals is - get down on their level, as it's immediately more intimate than looking down on them as 'little people' (or critters). You might have got a nicer oof background too if you'd done that here? Chopping her top knot off is a shame, but it's a nice shot. :)

Moved to the indepth critique forum :)

I agree, the biggest thing that I think would have made this shot better, would be getting to her eye level.

Thanks guys, good plan. Funny i don't generally look down on her so a bit strange to do it in a pic!

i would echo cedrics comments, get down to the same level and give it a nice sharpen, its not a bad shot then

A bit of fill in flash would not go amis either. The background is noticably brighter/lighter than the subject

The light looks a bit flat too - this is one time that a bit of fill-in flash wouldn't hurt - kids move about and at this time of year we'll all be shooting 1/30 at f/2.8 until next May...grumble grumble...
It'll stop the eyes looking so 'dead' and expressionless.
It'll also help focus right in there as with a dedicated flash unit, the flash 'talks' to the camera's AF system and (usually) ensures you're focussed correctly.

Back