Any Gems in the Peak District?

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

Hoping to get out in the Peak District this weekend (weather permitting) and looking for some particularly photogenic places to go.

Already have Monsal Dale and the viaduct at the top of my list but anywhere else around this area worth a go? I don't mind hiking a few miles to get the right shots.

Particularly looking for those 'special' locations, be it a certain old building, a good viewpoint of the hills, or even a barn in the middle of a field that's great.

Hopefully the weather will be good and we'll see nice good skies. Any ideas much appreciated!.

Oops just realised there's a locations section. Sorry could this be moved there by a nice mod?

Sorry ;)

mam tor gate, where is is exactly?

I've been there once, I parked at the car park and walked up, i remember the path follows the road and the road goes over the ridge and down, with mam tor on the east side of the road, is the gate on that side or the west side of the road?

Stanage edge, Hathersage. Really worth a visit! If you walk along the edge drop down off the ridge you'll see loads of abandon Mill Stones make for excellent subject or nice foreground object for landscape.
Have great time

Karl I've glanced at your Flickr and your enthusiasm is obvious, but your output is very uneven - I think you need to tighten up your photographic intentions and technique. And to do with asking for pointers about where to go, I don't think it's about particular places but more about cultivating your own attention, wherever you happen to be. Keep doing!

Peak District places, you have the classical vies from Mam Tor towards Hollins Cross, you have the Stanage Edge, Kinder Scout up to Ringing Roger, The Wool Packs etc, you also can have a look at the White Peaks e.g thors cave, chrome/parkhouse hill and areas around earl sterndale, you could explore curbar edge, gardoms edge as well as well as higger tor, down towards over owler tor as well

Back