Any good, free, 1080p video editors?

Name
Edit My Images
No
I was using Lightworks which is a great piece of software but the free version only outputs 720. The licence for it is astronomical so since I had an adobe sub i tried Premier Rush, while that outputs 1080p its a buggy mess for me. So I'm looking for something else.

It needs to be able to handle different sources, i take output from my DLSR's, action cam's and OBS Studio and need to merge them together with overlays.

If it comes to it i don't mind paying a one off price for something so long as its sub £100 but would rather use something free :)

Da Vinci Resolve is possibly the best but there's lot to learn as it is a pro app that's free to individuals.

Openshot
VDSC

I've tried a few, including Premier Elements. I finally bought Filmora. The interface suited me best and felt quite instinctive. 58 quid if bought via your mobile phone rather than your PC. No idea why.

Have a look at NCH software Videopad, there is a free demo download so you can try it, if you do decide to buy its only $69 (£55) a bit basic compared to Resolve but does the job and will edit up to 4K
Here.

I often use it while mixing clips from my phone, GoPro & DSLR, no issues

Last edited:
Open shot is worth a shout. It depends on what you want to do. Davichi is great, but you need a fairly powerful computer to run it.

I used Video Pad Google will find it, scroll down the page a bit to find the free version. It'll do 1080p
Cheers

Dear Ashley,

Please may I ask you to search for a Davinci Resolve cross fade how to vid

I found one in 2015 on YT how to do a cross fade in Resolve fiddling away with the Clipboard when most programs will just overlap and the longer you want the crossfade (as I do) one just overlaps more. I don't suppose anything has changed.

Reminded me of The Gimp, too may cooks spoiling what was a good program.

Cheers - J

Back