Any HR / employment law experts or solicitors on tP...?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone here an expert and up to date with HR and employment law? I need some advice for a 'friend', who is willing to pay for good advice from the right person.

Hasn't there recently been introduced, a new HR law that affords consultants/contractors the same employment rights as a permanent employee if that consultant has been engaged with the same company for more than 2 years...?

PM or email or here of course...:)

Ta

Is anyone here an expert and up to date with HR and employment law? I need some advice for a 'friend', who is willing to pay for good advice from the right person.

Hasn't there recently been introduced, a new HR law that affords consultants/contractors the same employment rights as a permanent employee if that consultant has been engaged with the same company for more than 2 years...?

PM or email or here of course...:)

Ta

Not into HR but using contractors in our office, I believe you are indeed correct although there may be some differences. You need better advice than I can provide.

Do you mean the Agency Workers Directive? The Gov managed to have it delayed and now things seem to be heading the other way. Google up James v. Greenwich for a fair bit of recent information on this.

Interesting pxl8, but in the case I am interested in, there's no Agency involved at all. There's a direct relationship with the client in this one.

couple of sites to look at for you

http://www.contractorcalculator.co.uk/

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php

the two year thing mainly kicks in with regards to your 5% expenses and if you work in the same place for 2 years.

the MOST important thing isnt your contract (though its very important) its the nature of the relationship.

my advice... seek professional advice :) IR35 and its spin offs can be very complex and a lot will depend on the wording in the contract and the actual nature of the relationship.

screw it up and HMRC will stiing your friend for a tidy sum

I think Jonnyreb is a HR type. Give him a shout and see if he can help.

Back