Any Ideas?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Im after some advice! This rather nice Fed 50 came in the post this morning

4505504799_6582ec206c_b.jpg

all seems fine but I have no idea how to load the film! basically I cant see how the film "latches" on to the take up spool. the manual is no help at all so id thought id try you guys here! here is the back of the camera.

4505507999_df07376fc4_b.jpg

there is an arrow pointing to a black line but there is no way to catch the leader

Film goes under the silver sleeve split bit, in the direction of the arrow, then back on itself over the exposure area.

So between the silver sleeve bit and the black spindle... see?

Looks similar to the Zenit E...

If so, it's a bit funny but once you get it, it makes sense....

You sort of back the leader up on itself, and slide it under the metal "sleeve". Not the bit with the arrow, but the bit on the other side of the black line. Then start winding the film on and it should tighten up.

ahhh, how far in should the leader go? everytime I advance a frame it comes back out!

You are putting it in the wrong way then! If, looking in the back of the camera, the reel turns to the right on advancing (same as the advance lever) then the film has to go in *from* the right, under the silver strip. Then it (the film) goes back over itself when the cassette is fitted in the other end.

If the reel goes the other way, then the film goes in from the other direction. Either way, you are effectively folding the film back on itself to help hold it in place.

It looks as though there's a plastic 'rivet' in the middle of the metal carrier sleeve to stop the leader entering that way, so logic dictates it goes the other. It's counter-intuitive but secure once you get the hang of it.

ahhh that got it, I was putting it in the right way, just needed a bit of force. I have got the manual but trying to guess what is being said in russian isnt easy!

ahhh that got it, I was putting it in the right way, just needed a bit of force. I have got the manual but trying to guess what is being said in russian isnt easy!

LOL Some of the English translation is quite funny anyway! :D

Please to enjoy photophic pleasures offered by special made machine in quality kamera works. Not to taken: airplane, traktor factory, official man of various, drunken or unpleasing character, working ladies. Remove base, back, top plate, winding handeler to install emulsion. Depleted uranium image stabiliser in Luxe 'Petrograd IX' export model. Advance shutter handler before setting Din, aperture not in direct sun, seek doctor if asbeston film chamber is swallowed by infanta. Thank you for chowsing, continued happy shutters!

Please to enjoy photophic pleasures offered by special made machine in quality kamera works. Not to taken: airplane, traktor factory, official man of various, drunken or unpleasing character, working ladies. Remove base, back, top plate, winding handeler to install emulsion. Depleted uranium image stabiliser in Luxe 'Petrograd IX' export model. Advance shutter handler before setting Din, aperture not in direct sun, seek doctor if asbeston film chamber is swallowed by infanta. Thank you for chowsing, continued happy shutters!

And that's my new nomination for forum post of the year ! :LOL:

Brilliant! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back