Any Joomla! experts?

Name
Carla
Edit My Images
No
I've been asked to look at someone's website for them. Previously they hired a developer to set up a Joomla website for a friend's running club. The developer has long gone and the club are struggling to update the website etc.

I have a little knowledge of Joomla but not very much.

Basically, the problem is, there is a section on the website for newsletters. Currently you can look at the page on the website and download a pdf copy of the previous months' newsletters. However, the location of these documents (when checking properties) shows them to be hosted in a folder which we can't actually find in the Joomla backend of the website. (So we can't add the new newsletter to the folder and hence, link to it).

Am I missing something really obvious here? The folder is called www.thewebsitename.com/PDF/ but when you look in the admin areas there isn't a folder called PDF listed.

I was thinking of using Joomla for my own website but not if it's going to be this difficult. :LOL:

And my head hurts...... :bonk: :bang:

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening here please? :)

Thank you kind people.

It might be on the host server in a folder named 'pdf'. If not perhaps the folder has been deleted and that is why you can't find it.?

There should be a bit called Media Manager, that's where we store our pdfs

Sorry - and then docstore possibly

Thanks for the replies.

There's no folder called 'PDF' in Media Manager or Docstore (or any of the other sections/folders) and no copies of old newsletters in any of those locations either.

I'll try the FTP route and see if I can spot anything.

The folder must still be there somewhere as the old newsletters are still accessible from the website and the properties are as above. Why use something like a CMS then host a folder on the host server?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have another look.

do you use cpanel?

pdf downloads are a componant or module for joomla, I use Docman...joomla doesnt do documents for dowload natively i dont think

Thanks for all the info. I'm currently waiting for the ftp settings to be sent to me so I can have a further look. :)

They will be in the specified folder which you pointed out, accessible once you get the ftp details! All Joomla's media folders are within the Joomla installation directory, however, it isn't necessary to store files in there for Joomla to use them :)

Back