Any mushroom experts?

Cockney

I asked Admin for a user title
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
So we decided to cover the scabby grass under our oak and make it a more " woodland " area.
We covered the grass with cardboard and put down an initial 2 inches of chippings followed by another 2 inches from another source.
See the phone pics below.
I don't know what the mushrooms are, if they will just continuosly pop up or how to get rid if necessary.
Any comments welcome. Thanks.

20210904_123125.jpg

20210904_123117.jpg

Expert no!

I can surmise that the spores were in the wood chippings.

Personally I would pull them before they release their own spores.....though seeing the gills makes me think already too late.

But remove them and possibly a good idea to remove the chippings under& around the eruption.

In general though IMO little to be concerned about as they help break down the dead plant matter.

Oh, stating the blindingly obvious....not to be eaten ;)

Last edited:
Expert no!

I can surmise that the spores were in the wood chippings.

Personally I would pull them before they release their own spores.....though seeing the gills makes me think already too late.

But remove them and possibly a good idea to remove the chippings under& around the eruption.

In general though IMO little to be concerned about as they help break down the dead plant matter.

Oh, stating the blindingly obvious....not to be eaten ;)
We don't really get time to pull them. They pop up and a couple of hours later just shrivel up. Every day a new crop though.

Back