Any Neewer NW-562 i-TTL Speedlite Flash users with opinions please

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a cheap Nikon TTL flash, i mean cheap as i only use it on camera very occasionally for close up work of insects, not macro, normaly i would use the pop up but i dont have one on the D500.

Ideally i would like a smaller unit but cant find a cheap one, any suggestions.

thanks

They’re cheap, I’ve never owned a Neewer flash, TBF a smaller flash is likely to be a much worse performer, if you’re on a limited budget, you’re unlikely to get a better deal.

They’re cheap, I’ve never owned a Neewer flash, TBF a smaller flash is likely to be a much worse performer, if you’re on a limited budget, you’re unlikely to get a better deal.

Thanks, its not so much the limited budget it is more the limited use i will give it, if no one comes along and says yes they are great value and worth buying i will skip it.

Since you mentioned smaller, I have a smaller Neewer Flash, the NW-320, which I use with my A6000.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer®-NW320-Display-Speedlite-RX100II/dp/B00VE5HQ4I

For me, size was a significant factor, and this is about half the size of a regular flash.
Downside is the low guide number (32), so it's not particularly powerful (but significantly more than a pop up flash would be).

Other than that, it does everything a regular sized flash will do - and I can even use it off camera in dumb slave mode triggered by the pop up flash if I want (the A6000 pop up flash mechanism allows you to adjust it's position with your finger so it fires vertically, rather than forward - it's too weak to be useful as a bounce flash this way, but is enough to trigger the remote flash slave cell).

If size / weight is a significant factor, it's worth considering, otherwise, go for something more powerful.

Since you mentioned smaller, I have a smaller Neewer Flash, the NW-320, which I use with my A6000.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer®-NW320-Display-Speedlite-RX100II/dp/B00VE5HQ4I

For me, size was a significant factor, and this is about half the size of a regular flash.
Downside is the low guide number (32), so it's not particularly powerful (but significantly more than a pop up flash would be).

Other than that, it does everything a regular sized flash will do - and I can even use it off camera in dumb slave mode triggered by the pop up flash if I want (the A6000 pop up flash mechanism allows you to adjust it's position with your finger so it fires vertically, rather than forward - it's too weak to be useful as a bounce flash this way, but is enough to trigger the remote flash slave cell).

If size / weight is a significant factor, it's worth considering, otherwise, go for something more powerful.

Thanks that looks like the one i was using on m4/3 under a different name, i think it would do but i couldn't find one in Nikon so will do some searching.

Back