Any one know why

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Sometimes my cat eats her food but other times she wont eat it unless I'm stroking her:thinking:

Our cat use to prefer to eat when someone else was near by, or she would carry her food one piece at a time to be near everyone else to eat it. Not sure the reason, this cats are just daft :p

Well we can always rely on Joe to lower the tone :LOL:

As for the cat, they can just be awkward, but I wouldnt worry, 99.9% of cats are pretty sensible and won't starve themselves [or over eat for that matter], so if she is hungry she will eat even if you aren't stroking her. It may be a hangover from kittenhood, like the reassurance of mum licking them while they suckle.

she would carry her food one piece at a time to be near everyone else to eat it. Not sure the reason, this cats are just daft :p

My lil pooch does this too :shrug:

She'll happily bring a couple of biscuits into the lounge and sit there crunching them, then when she's finished she trots off and gets another load.

Thanks all

No she eats when we are in a different room. But sometimes she wont eat unless we stand there stroking her, keeps coming into where we are sitting and bully's us to go and eat with her :D. Prob just wants the company.

Sounds like it. Our moggie was like that too. He used to demonstrate his feelings at mealtimes - we left him with my in-laws when we went away for a weekend, and during the first meal they put down for him, he systematically picked up each chunk of meat and threw it over his shoulder onto the floor, without eating any of it :LOL: :LOL:

My little cat Stanley won't start eating until one of us strokes him and when he tucks in we can leave him alone for the rest of the meal.

Sounds like you lot pamper them too much. I just cook and bone the chicken legs, put them on a dish and then stick it on the sofa next to her......none of that messing around in my house.
Bob

My cats Lucy & Tim eat alone out in the wash house.
If they dont eat...............they go without! :D

Back