Any recommendations for Slik Tripods??

Edit My Images
No
I am looking to buy my first tripod... I know there are numerous posts on here recommending the Manfrotto's but I am not sure whether you are just paying for the name and whether they will be too heavy for a weedy girl like me:)

I have a 400d and several lenses..the biggest at mo is 90-300mm...but like everyone i aspire to own a lovely 100-400L..so am looking for something supportive in the long run.

I have seen the Slik 340 PRO..which appears to only weigh 1.58kg but will take a 5.0kg load.. has anyone one of these tripods? any views on this model?
I have not had tripod before..does this sound too good to be true..is it likely to make it unstable weighing so little but capable of such a big load?

If it isnt very good any other recommendations?? ..am looking to pay up to £100 tops as i'm not going to be using it every time i go out. It will be mainly landscapes/seascapes that it is used for
Thanks in advance

Jenny

I bought a Mint used 700DX Pro one off Boon on here including the 700DX 3 way head and i can honestly say its oozes quality in every respect.
Its not a lightweight tripod but one thing you can be assured of is that it isnt going to move in a fair old wind.
I havent used the 340 Pro so i am unable to comment on that particular one.

I dug out my old Slik tripod last week. It's over 20 years old but still a great bit of kit. It's heavy and takes rather a lot of space, but it's pretty solid, which is what I was looking for.

Steve

Back