Any Xpan users ?

big soft moose

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy...
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I always wanted an Xpan when they first came out , and was gutted when they stopped making them (bleddy elf and safety), but anyway I've found one on the 'bay and i'm seriously tempted to go for it

so question whats a good price for a s/h one ? and is there anything specific to watch out for on a used one ?

also where do you get the film developed - i'm guess jessops etc cant cope with the non standard sizes

Hi,

You can get the film developed at Jessops for instance, but only developed, no prints, scans etc.

For a camera of that calibre it deserves a better processing service, to my knowledge both Club 35 and Peak Imaging do Xpan regarded printing, scanning etc.

:wave:

They are beautiful bits of kit if you like shooting panos, and most places will process for you, just remember to tell them not to cut the negs :bang:

If you wanted to have a play with one I'm hopefully going to the London film meet if it happens and could bring it along for you to try

cheers blue but i'm a little bit far from london - tbh looking at the price in your sales thread I probably cant afford one - i'll just have to hope for an ebay miracle.

Good luck with that - I've been hoping for one of those for over a year now :(

They just don't come up for cheap I'm afraid, too few around and there's nothing else like them really

I know - I aught to have bit the bullet 6 months ago, when I had a bit of folding cash around. That went of course, as cash has a habit of doing.

That went of course, as cash has a habit of doing.

Wine, women and song???? :LOL:

I know you said RAA XPan was out of your price range BTH that was fairly inexpensive for one of those things.

HMM! I was going to go back shooting digital for an up an coming project think I may alter that and start using my X-Pan again :thinking:

To answer your question.

Xpan with say a 45mm lens £900 to £1000.

the Other lens 90mm about £450 to £600.

If you are lucky you may get the three for under £1300.

Do not worry about processing, because if you pay that money you will have it processed by a lab that know what they are doing,http://www.photo-express.co.uk/

Good luck one of the great 35mm camera's

yeah i dont have that kind of cash at the moment - and if i did i'd be replacing my DSLR - the xpan i'm watching on ebay is a lot less at the moment but I have a nasty feeling that its going to jump in price before the close :shake:

Back