Anybody been to croft?

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Probs going to be booking tickets for the BTCC at croft in June, first time shooting motorsport :D . Has anybody been the croft and can suggest some good shooting spots? Thanks :)

I've been once, but i was to watch a rallycross event, not BTTC.
TBH the circuit they used that day was pretty boring (short circuit with off-road bit), so I did'nt get chance to look round the rest of the circuit. Its a very flat track, but there seems to be one or two good vantage points for taking pictures.
I've got the BSB and BTTC dates pencilled in my diary (y)

I find Hawthorn and the Complex the best. If u get to Hawthorn early enough there are some nicely places holes in the chicken mesh fencing!

the circuit is very flat. Very little spectating areas on the inside of the track. There isn't really any high catch fencing around the circuit. But just after turn 1 looks to be a good place. Get to see the start/finish straight, turn 1 (obviously) and then the chicane onto the old pits straight.

Behind the paddock area is a nice hill which i would believe gives you some nice views. I didn't go up there, but from the pitlane and going round the track in the safety car, it looks like a good place.

Take some warm clothes if its windy, as its very exposed. Facilities aren't great, so take some food and drink with you if your picky about food or get hungry quickly.

Its relatively easy to get to from the south. M1 - A1 - A67 (i think), followed by a squiggly bits through some country roads. Look for the signposts for "croft".

Hope that helps

:)

Great thanks for that :) . I'll be travelling from the north, but looks easy enough to find.

Did you enjoy your day?

Great thanks for that :) . I'll be travelling from the north, but looks easy enough to find.

30 minutes from Sunderland..;)

I have been a couple of times and watched from the banking at the end of the start/finish straight where they peel round to the right to go down the back straight, You certaily need a long lens from that area but there are other areas that can be covered too.:)

The longest lens I have is 300mm, will that be long enough for where you have said?

The longest lens I have is 300mm, will that be long enough for where you have said?

I used my 300mm with great effect, BUT!!! If you have a converter take it with you, 420mm gives you more options..:)

I used my 300mm with great effect, BUT!!! If you have a converter take it with you, 420mm gives you more options..:)

Dont have a teleconvertor, and my 300mm lens is the sigma 70-300mm non apo so I would imagine the results wouldn't be great, shame :(

Well got my tickets this morning, thanks to all for your help.

Back