Anybody used Encore?

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title, I'm in the market for a refurbished laptop, (figuring I would get more for my money ie. £200ish) my only criteria is I would prefer one with an optical drive. any thoughts?

Given the optomechanical nature of the optical drive, they are the amongst the components most likely to fail. If you must have an optical drive, get an external USB one. You'll get more bang per buck on the laptop too (and a wider range to choose from)

Reckon you will be hard pushed to get a semi-decent laptop for £200 s/h

Never heard of encore for computers. itzoo.co.uk seem to have some good offers some times.

More recent computers tend not to have optical drives built in, so as Jason said, an external drive is the way forwards.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers, I only use the laptop for e-mails, facebook and occasional browsing so I don't need, or can afford much more, living on a state pension. I'll have a look at itzoo I hadn't heard of external optical drives, how much roughly am I looking at?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers, I only use the laptop for e-mails, facebook and occasional browsing so I don't need, or can afford much more, living on a state pension. I'll have a look at itzoo I hadn't heard of external optical drives, how much roughly am I looking at?
You sound like an ideal case for a Chromebook (apart from the optical drive requirement)

Thanks everybody, I'm fine now with an external drive if they are that price, it has obviously enlarged my choice, Ill have a look at that one Toni, thank you

Back