Anybody wants to split film purchase

Name
Ujjwal
Edit My Images
No
I noticed that on AG Photographics, the price of 20 rolls of 400 ASA B/W Rollei is 40£ and 100 ASA Rollei B/W is 28 £. Very cheap, but I dont think I will need so many.

Will anybody be willing to split the purchase.

Ujjwal

Mods: Wasnt sure if this should go to the Sale/Trade section, since I don't really have these films for sale/trade. If this thread needs to be moved / deleted, please do so.

No idea buddy...have a look at the Agphtographic website. They claim the 400 its new film. The 100 ASA last production run was bought up by a dealer when the film manufacturer went bust; and he put it into rolls and seld it on. The few refs I have seen claim its a nice film.

I was more interested in splitting the 400 ASA.

I could go for some of that maybe Ujjwal, if it's standard BW process (i.e. I can use my ID-11) and won't be scary-over £20... I have half a dozen FP4 here so some 400 would be nice as well.

Arthur

Are you talking about 120? I'd be interested in splitting the 400ASA if Dfhaii isn't and if it's 120

EDIT: Or Ambermile ;)

Sounds fine to me then, let me know when you want some pennies... or maybe you might be interested in trading for the rest of my contax stuff?

Arthur

lol.....the mods will be coming along soon Arthur; they have been very tolerant of our behaviour as it is ( Thanks to the mods a lot for letting this thread).....

Might have a point there, but at least we are keeping it in the open I guess!

Anyway then, as discussed, let me know when you need the pennies and I'll sort it - and thanks :D

Arthur

Hi Dfhaii....I know I asked for the split; but I am thinking of keeping the 20 rolls of 100 ASA. If you cant find anyone to split the box; and once I get the box ( hopefully tomorrow) I'll let you know

No worries either way, if no one does I'll probably get 20 for myself, it'll get used anyway :)

Well, got mine today from Ujjwal, dead chuffed at them - especially for the price - so big thanks to the man. I also received my nice new Yashica T4 today as well! Must be a sign... (y)

Arthur

Thanks Arthur.

BTW, I see you have the SL35. How is the camera? Is the body reliable. The lens, especially the zeiss ones are supposed to be legendary, let down by unreliable body. Why couldn't the Germans make one simple reliable body, instead of fighting the japanese cameras and their average japansese lens

Yup - the E was supposed to be the best and most under-achieving of the Rollei 35mm SLR range.. and yet all people remember about them is the mirror locks up! OK, damned annoying but once you are aware of it it's a relatively easy matter to sort (one of the electrical arms in the base gets shifted out of sync). I like it, I have the Planar 50mm 1.8 and it is really a nice lens - camera feels nice too and well balanced. Also have a little zoom and some Adaptall lenses so a fair arsenal. It is the one camera I kept when I decided to trim the collection right back, even better than the FX-D. Of course I still got the digitals but they don't really count do they?

Arthur

Arthur, the digitals dont count with an emphatic NO. As a tool of a trade, they are fine - just as a indutrial lawnmower is fine for a professional gardener. ;)

If you got it onto the market, i would have snapped it up.....I am on the lookout for a well priced body. The lens comes up from time to time, but the body is relatively rare.

If you are ever happy to lend it to me; I'll take it for a few weeks ( by putting down a deposit of 120% of the value of course ;) )

Ujjwal

Sure you can borrow it, let me know when you want it... I expect the T4 will get most use in the next few weeks anyway, and I still have a few others laying around if I get bored! You want the body/case and 50mm for a while? I have a very nice little Makinon 75-150mm zoom as well... and the flash... the motor drive, you know, general stuff like that :D

So kind of you Arthur. Just the camera and the 50mm. Nothing else. Will let you know.

For some reason this one holds a fascination for me. One of the last German SLRs, with great lens; before the world got flooded by cameras from Nippon Kogakashu and Kownoon :LOL:

OK, your call then. Kownoon, anybody still call them that then?

Arthur :LOL:

No Arthur; from memory, Nippon Kogakashu changed to Nikon and kownoon to Canon ( how ironic, Kownoon is a Japanese god, I think of peace or harmony or something such; while canon wages war....ha ha ha ) by the 60s. I did once see a Leica copy by Canon marked Kownoon; thought of buying it for that reason only.

Back