Anyone else not received their Practical Photography gift?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
Nearly 6 weeks ago I decided to go for the Practical Photography deal of a 12 month subsciption and Lowe Pro Mini Trekker AW bag for £60.70. My decision I would say was over 85% influenced by the bag. I then sold both my Crumpler bags and began to wait.

In the mean time I emailed Great Magazines to ask what had happened to the bag. They said unfortunately they had under-estimated the demand and had ran out of Lowe Pro Mini Trekker bags, but could offer £15, a Lowe Pro Orion Trekker or a Kata camera bag instead.

Great Magazines have told me today that they have cancelled my subscription at my request, but can't offer a full refund as the publisher does not do this so my subscription is effectively carrying on until 2009 and then running out automatically at the 12 month point.

To top it off, today I receive a letter from Bauer (Great Magazines) saying they've under-estimated demand and run out of bags. I can either wait 4 weeks for some more to come from Lowe, or have a refund.

But it seems Great Magazines online customer services have decided I can't have the bag or my money back!

haha, spoke to them 2 weeks ago, i was told it had been sent and should recieve friday just gone, monday morning recieved the same letter. ill hang on for the right bag i think

Lukily I subscribed to PP just before Christmas last year - again for the excellent bag offer at the time. I got my bag a matter of days after signing up. I have noticed the bag offer has changed though in the last couple of issues, no doubt due to the uptake in subscriptions.

Back