Anyone Ever Compared These Two

Name
Andrew Gough
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry if this has been explored before, but has anyone been able to compare image quality of the Canon L 100-400 (at the 400 end), and the Canon 400 L f5.6? If so, was there a definite winner? I've tried researching this myself, but it's driving me nuts. :bang:
Thanks,
Andy.

I'd have guessed the prime would come out on top? But I'm many years away from being able to afford either, so I can't give you any definite answers I'm afraid!

Chris

I have read about this. The 400 5.6 is widely regarded as one of the sharpest lenses in the Canon lineup it is much better than the 100-400 at 400mm.

Alex

I've just ordered the 400 f/5.6 prime. I rented it a couple of times from LFH and it's very sharp and super fast at focussing. My friend has the 100-400 and it doesn't look as sharp.

Thanks, boys and girls, that was just the info I was looking for. If I wasn't such a tight git I would have hired one of each and found out for myself! For future reference, does anyone know a website with similar reviews on?
Andy.

Thanks for the links, pxl8 and canon bob. They are exactly what I've been looking for.

Calumet will refund up to 50% of the hire cost, If you purchase from them within 14 days of hiring a lens, Maybe helpful if you still have a niggling doubt after reading the reviews.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/rental

Rob.

Back