Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
cake_boudoir.jpg

cake_oriental.jpg

I understand they're not professional jobs, but seeing the original product sat there in my friends kitchen, and the other one in her back garden, I think I haven't half done a bad job.

I really like the second one, very professional.
The first one is fine but what a colour for a cake :nut:

Hehe thanks.

They're called 'Boudoir' and 'Oriental' respectively.
Their business offers wedding cakes primarily, hence the red valentine lovey colour. Or have I buggered up the processing? lol

thats not bad marcel, i was wondering what you had used to get the backgrounds so good, then i read it, well cut out!

Didn't use a selection tool at all ;)

They're both perfectly usable product shots. The second one is far better though. In the red shot, the slight bending of perspective is a little uneasy on the eye but the Oriental is just great. The soft and even light is the kind that I've seen people spend hours chasing in the studio with less sucsess than you've got there. It's only those pesky relections that ruin the perfect look.

The perspective bend on the first makes it hard to see it, doesn't work for me.

The second one is very good, shame about the garden reflections in the stand but very good presentation of the picture. :)

Both excellents shots mate and great processing, 2 is more appealing to me but maybe could be cropped a little closer on the right as you have the left.
Great work though!

Hehe I was mindful of using the remote in the second one, while ducking behind a wall :D

Thanks for the comments. I agree I'm much more please with the second one.
The perspective bend on the first is completely my fault.
Unfortunately I was limited to what space I had and we basically used a kitchen counter, with a white sheet draped behind.
Unfortunately my lack of decent equipment didn't help, and my tripod just wasn't high enough.
I did recommend taking it again outside, at a better angle, but she was perfectly happy with it, so that in turn makes me happy :)

so how did you manage to select such an intricate shape dude?

Please tell, as this is one area of the shop I'm severly lacking in at the mo!

Back