Anyone got a Fuji S3 Pro

Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a D40 at the moment but i've been offered a Fuji S3 Pro pretty cheap but i'm getting mixed opinions on whether it would be much better than the D40.

I had kind of decided on a 2nd hand D200 or but if the Fuji was any good i've got the option of paying it up as it's a friends brother who's selling it so i'd get it a lot quicker.

Problem i have with the D40 is having to trawl through menus to change settings when using the camera in manual. I would prefer to have more controls on the camera not sure whether the Fuji is the same for this.

Also can you use any Nikon lenses on the Fuji or just certain ones?

He stays miles away so i don't want to make the trip to see
it if it isn't going to be much better than what i've got.

I have an S3 pro. Is it better than a D40?? I would say yes. All the controls needed for photography, ie, mode, metering mode, WB, ISO, image size, play, enlarge, etc, are on the outside, so no messing with menus. It's a Pro camera, and handles like one. Image quality is first class. It will take ALL Nikon lenses, AI on, so that's most of them, but will only AF with AF lenses. You are restricted to DX lenses only on the D40.

Read this review by Phil Askey. It tells you all you need to know.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmS3Pro/

BTW the D200 is a very capable camera too.

Thanks Doug that helps a lot it's good to get an opinion from someone who owns one.(y)

Do you think £280 is a good price for a 2nd hand one?

You are restricted to DX lenses only on the D40.

That's not true. You can mount AI and AI-S lenses, though you won't get metering like you would on the D200 (and presumably the S3, though I don't know for sure.) You can also mount full-frame lenses, such as the 70-200 AF-S VR, which is not a DX lens.

You only get autofocus on the AF-S and AF-I lenses however, not on the AF or AF-D.

Thanks Doug that helps a lot it's good to get an opinion from someone who owns one.(y)

Do you think £280 is a good price for a 2nd hand one?

£280 is a good price, especially if in good condition. They regualarly go for £300 and more on ebay.

Look in the For sale column - my near new one is for sale at £300.

Back