Anyone have Burton Zoom or Dakine Sequence? [BAGS]

Name
George
Edit My Images
No
Im tossing up between these two, they are very similar in price/specs, anyone got either or have compared the two?

Will it go into overhead luggage by any chance?

thanks,
coldy

Where are you finding them? I read about the Burton but haven't seen one in Two Seasons or Ellis Brigham in MK.

Have you looked at the KATA bags - cheap, strong and well padded. I took mine boarding last year and it stood up to a few falls quite nicely.

only doing research at the moment, they seem to both be available on Amazon, I havent looked at one in the flesh yet which Ill probly try do in the next day or two.
Will check out KATA, thanks.

Hi, I actually have and use both of these bags (the zoom pro version though). They both are very good. I tend to use the Zoom pro for my bodies/lenses and the sequence for lighting, unless I am packing light, in which case I use the sequence as it is slightly more comfortable.

cool!
The sequence inner is removable isnt it? Does that create unnecessary bulk?
Whats the pro version have over normal one?

thanks

off in a few mins, so can't answer too many questions right at this moment, but maybe later.
the sequence has got a removable camera block, which does create a little extra bulk, but it's never really been a problem. The Zoom pro is just a slightly bigger version of the zoom.

heres a snap of them side by side for comparison:

hey no problem thanks for your help:)
leaning towards the Zoom but thinking the removable inner of the Sequence would be good to take out and use the shell as a normal pack.

ive got the sequence which is sweet, a little smaller than the sequence but the camera block is the same... super comfy and looks like a backpack not a camera bag

ive got the sequence which is sweet, a little smaller than the sequence but the camera block is the same... super comfy and looks like a backpack not a camera bag

thanks,
A little smaller than the Zoom you mean?

he might mean the dakine photo-mission. let me know if you want any pics of either of the packs. I work a half day on fridays, so I should be able to sort something out tomorrow afternoon if I remember to check the thread.

Would both pass as carry on luggage you think? I'm going into the store to check out the zoom tomorow hopefully they have the sequence as well.
Can't really know which one I want till I see them in person I think as they have such similar specs, cheers for your help :)

its not that much smaller but yeah its a more compact version. I find that its great for travelling it fits what i need and if you just want a backpack you take the camera block out and presto

im thinking of taking my camera again on ski hol this year, would you guys say that the lowepro slingshot bags would hold up ok? I used it once on my last hol but was petrified of falling on it as much worried of it damaging me as the camera

^ robbys
I think the benefit of these ones is the storage compartment being against your back which puts the heavy weight closer to your center of gravity so you wont have that "pulling" effect on your shoulders. Secondly I imagine it provides more protection if you were to land on your back with the pack on.

That said I have only researched these I havent tried one. You may want a response from someone whos done some riding with one.

thats what made me buy it. It also has back acess

I've got the da kine sequence, I've used it mountain biking and snowboarding a few times and it's survived a few falls.

It will be going on eBay soo though to be replaced with an FStop Tilopa, as the FStop bags are much better made (I'm not too impressed with the sequence at all) and carry a lot better due to having an internal frame. (The Burton Zoom has an internal frame too, but I've never seen one in the flesh, so can't comment on them, other than that www.boardridersguide.co.uk had some of this season's pro ones at £45, which is a bargain).

just checked with boardriders and they are out of stock, that sux as Im about to pay double that price for one in the weekend.:bang::bang:
if you see another bargain like that let me know, thanks:clap:

Ive decided for the zoom though, It seems better that the camera compartment is integrated into the pack rather than the sequence which seems to just have the camera block fitted inside a regular pack.
still not totally sold hopefully I can look at both in person.

Craikey, let me know when you're selling - might be interested.

those F-stop bags look good but are there any UK sellers? Nice design

Craikey, let me know when you're selling - might be interested.

those F-stop bags look good but are there any UK sellers? Nice design
Will certainly give you a shout!

They do list a UK contact number, but I've gone through their site and the bag was here in a few days, no taxes to pay either!

Thanks for the fstop link. They look very good.

I've been using a Lowepro DryZone Rover for outdoor shooting, it's 100% waterproof, has a water bladder and loads of space for non water sensitive kit. However it wont hold a body with 70-200 fitted and access in general is a bit of a faff. I'd been think about the Burton bag for a while but they're pretty hard to find.

What's your fstop bag like in the flesh?

i'll be honest.... if i knew about the fstop bags i would probably have got one over the dakine, they look really nice :)

I've only got the Bard at the minute, but the quality on it is amazing, external zips are all waterproof etc. It has taken a lot of abuse for example a 2 week trip to Japan where I weighed it at 12kg as my carry on (2 laptops, camera gear etc) and it still looks like new. I will be doing a full review at some point when I get round to it.

I'm impressed enough to ditch my sequence and get one of their rucksacks too.

Back