Anyone have experience with this CF card. (RESULT)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
looking for a couple of 4gb cards for my D200.

Was looking at SanDisk but found these. 18mbs sounds fine for me, But I have never heard of this company. INOV8.

I always shoot in RAW so I need a fast transfer rate to keep up with when I start shooting 5fps.

I like the look of the Sandisk but I am confused as to what I want.

Sandisk 2 or 3? Ultra or Extreme?

Please help!

RESULT
I took print outs to PC World, they wouldnt have it because the card I wanted was out of stock, so showed them a different print out of a similar card I wanted. But oh no couldnt have that because it was not Amazon but a seller on there. Fair enough. Ran out of print outs and came back the next day.

The guy said the print out for the card that wasnt in stock was good. So if they had it in stock I would have been able to get it. Thus he reffered me to Currys Digital saying they would do it because it was a sub branch/partner store. I travelled across town and got there only to be told no they dont do it! This makes me mad so I go home in a huff!

Couldnt get the card today because the print out was from Amazon but in small print it said something like: 'this item will be dispatched from an Amazon prefered seller. THATS IT I HAD ENOUGH!

Just went home and ordered them from the net!

Ooops, no just PC World. I forgot that Currys only pricematch highstreet prices, PC World match major web retailers like Amazon and Dabs. Take a print out, they will still check the site in store as well.

my memory had some lexar 8gb cards for 20 quid the other week, 80x speed which in real world tests is about 22mbs iirc

Ooops, no just PC World. I forgot that Currys only pricematch highstreet prices, PC World match major web retailers like Amazon and Dabs. Take a print out, they will still check the site in store as well.
Glad to see the message is getting through re PCW pm'ing. Don't Currys pm PCW, anyone tried that yet?

I have got a couple of the INOV8 cards and have had no problem with them at all. It's down to personal choice at the end of the day, as most card prices have fallen you might as well look around to find brand named cards at a good price :)

Same company, so usually same price.

Yes, sorry maybe I should have put a bit more in post. After getting your local PCW to pm play etc nip over to Currys and try it on there with the PCW receipt, as Currys usually have them in stock and trheir pm states
'We’re confident we won’t be beaten on price and check over 50,000* prices daily to ensure you get the best possible deal. If you do find any of our products cheaper at one of the retailers below, including home delivery, we’ll match it and give you an extra 10% of the difference.
who do we price promise against?
Price promise applies to the lowest price offered by these retailers, whether that’s online or in-store
Argos Comet PCWorld Woolworths
B&Q Jessops Tesco John Lewis
Asda

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/price-match-promise

We check our prices against major retailers and websites every day so you can buy with confidence.

If you find a lower price for the same product and offer, we'll reduce our price by 110% of the difference – even up to 7 days after purchase.

This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store and the UK websites listed below. The competitor must have the item in stock and website prices must include delivery. Single unit purchases only.

To take advantage of our price promise, please telephone our sales team on 0844 561 0000 clearly stating the following details:

1. Your name and delivery postcode
2. The product, price and our product code you are interested in purchasing
3. The name of the Internet site or store offering a better price

Once the price is verified we can process your order immediately over the telephone.

Websites: items sold by Amazon.co.uk*(excluding Amazon Marketplace), Argos, Asda, B&Q, Comet, Dabs*, Ebuyer.com*, Dell, Evesham Technology*, Game, Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Jessops, John Lewis, Maplin, Misco*, Play*, Staples, Tesco, Toys r Us, Virgin, Woolworths

(* Excludes Televisions)

;)

Mike V have look see in shopping thread you should find all the info you need there. Yes Amazon uk and Play but not market place traders.

Back