Anyone heard of these ... filters.

Edit My Images
No
Hi folkies.

Just got myself a Sigma 17-70 - so have to now step up from Cokin A to Cokin P filters.

Been doing a little research on the web and found a company via Ebay - based in Bournemouth - called Photo Bitz Ltd.

They stock filters which will fit Cokin P holders and are very cheap. the filters are called Insert Filters. Anyone ever used or heard anything about them ?

Prices look very good - £5.49 for an ND8. £12.99 for a circular polariser.

Any info you have - very much appreciated.

Cheers

Anth
PS - used Cokin A for years and more than happy with them.
PPS - if anyone has any Cokin P ND / Grads and a CPL for sale, I'd be interested - cheers.

Hi fella,

The insert filter is just the way the cokin P system is set up. you buy the holder and the insert, then all you need are the seperate adaptor rings specific to your lens mounts that you want to use them on. I think they go from 52mm upto 82mm but you should check that. been happy with my ND grads and although not the same quality as the lee filters (they're plastic as opposed to glass), they do the job.

Chewy

Sorry mate - misunderstanding here .... INSERT filter is the name of the filters that this shop is selling. As oppose to it being branded like COKIN. I understand how the cokin filter system works (been using A's for a long time ;) ) - just wondered if anyone had used or heard of Insert filters or Photo Bitz limited.

Ebay feedback very good 13000+

Cheers.

Anth.

From the ad ....

Grey Graduated Insert Filter - Fits Cokin P Series
Item number: 310058912868

B

Grey Graduated Insert Filter ND4 - Fits Cokin P Series

Low Postage!

Insert Filter - Grey Graduated ND4.

At the current time we only stock the ND4, however should be stocking the ND2 and ND8 in the future.

This filter gives great flexibility enabling you to position the graduated filter exactly where you need it in your photo.

This filter slots into the Insert Filter Holders I sell in my shop and will also fit other makes such as Cokin P series.

The filters are made from Organic Glass and are one size. If you do not already own one, you need to purchase the Insert Filter Holder and the corresponding Filter Ring adaptor, all of which are under the "Insert Filter Section" of the shop.

Is organic glass the same as ordainary ?

Well confused - but still loooking like a decent bargain!

Cheers.

Anth.

I hope this helps?

Organic glass is a fully synthetic plastic material available in a vitreous state. It consists of macromolecular organic compounds which do not follow any principle of periodic arrangement and are hence amorphous.

In most cases, duromers are used to produce plastic lenses made of organic glass. Once they have been thermally treated after production, their shape can no longer be changed.

A typical feature of the production process is that, when subjected to heat, many molecules (monomers) combine to form giant molecular chains (polymers) as a result of chemical reaction.

The well-known plastic CR 39 is one of the organic materials used for plastic lenses.

I suppose there is always the risk that "plastic" lenses/ filters are more susceptical to scratching than glass and may be slightly softer when looking through.
Having only used the Cokin range I don't have first hand experience of these filters. Sorry!

Gonna compare the prices on my wish list to see if there is a big difference - will report baCK in a bit.

Cheers

Anth.

In fairness, having priced it up ... there is only going to be about £10 difference. If I buy the rings and holder from the ebay dealer, then get the cokin filters from 7day shop - it shouldn't be too bad!
Might go for the unofficial Circular polariser though as it is only £12.99 and the cokin one is a LOT more than that!!

Cheers

Anth

Back