Anyone know the law on street photography in the UK!

A self employed consultant works for a group, company or organisation - he is employed by himself!
Yes, and the DPA applies to him/her as an individual. Because individuals can and do contravene the act.
Contrast this with a person employed to handle data by a company - they cannot contravene the act as an individual, it is the organisation that employs them that would get into trouble.

The ICO is quite clear. The DPA applies to "any" legal persons.

Just make sure it's not up skirts or down cleavage shots :)

I do love this debate... I feel as long as you are on public ground you are free to take photos as long as you are not putting self in danger, there are a lot of places though like some shopping centres etc are private owned therefore need permission and places such as in Leeds Millenium square when such thing as the City Beach or German christmas market is on, permission permits from the council are also hard to come by on the latter even if just general photos not for commercial use....

I do love this debate... I feel as long as you are on public ground you are free to take photos as long as you are not putting self in danger, there are a lot of places though like some shopping centres etc are private owned therefore need permission and places such as in Leeds Millenium square when such thing as the City Beach or German christmas market is on, permission permits from the council are also hard to come by on the latter even if just general photos not for commercial use....

I'm sure there will be loads of people visiting events like those, taking photographs without any problems.

Steve.

Back