Anyone live in or around Canterbury?

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Whats it like? What sort of prices are you looking at for 1 bedroom flat rentals? Nightlife any good? Transport any good? Im looking at a job there, but im toying with the idea of moving down. Any comments appreciated.:)

It has a cathedral....thats all I know :( (Though I think I have been there)

/end unhelpfull post

If you haven't done so already, have a look at http://www.rightmove.co.uk/. These deal with some of the major estate agents and will give you an idea of rental prices in the area... infact, any area :)

i live in kent, been there, dont know much more than that

another insightful and helpful post closes

There's a decent transport cafe near to the lorry park..:LOL:

PS: The beer is crap..:thumbsdown:

Lol, a lot of good you lot are!:LOL: Well ive applied for the job now anyway, so fingers crossed. The job is as a Digital Artist at Venture. Hope I get it and I hope the pay is enough to allow me to live in the area. So the really important question... whats Kent like for Photography?

Excellent - loads of places to visit - great countryside (you'll find lots of creepy crawlies in there(y) !) , you've got the coastline, not far from London, some gorgeous little villages etc etc ...............:)

PS Good Luck with the job!

On the out skirts of the town you have a bit of a yob eliement going on and to the south of the town you have the travelers, who moved on to the site next door to parker steel, didnt like the noise coming from the factory so they started a rock and brick throwing campany thats is still going on now.
Canterbury is nice to vist but i would not live there......

:LOL: ... Silly me ... :shrug: ... read the title all wrong ... :cautious:

08.gif

Dunno how I missed this thread :shrug:

By the date on the first post I guess you've already accepted/declined the job but here goes:

I live not far from Canterbury and work there so I'm there all day, everyday Venture is just down the road from where I work actually.

MMm what can I can thats not been said already. Great pubs, clubs are crap, as somebody mentioned two universitys so loads of students during term time.

I've lived in the area most of my life so probabaly miss what others would see and appreciate although gotta mention that the cathedral is very pleasing to the lens. Thing I would say is that kent is a fantastic for scenary, they dont call it the garden of Enlgand for nothing. Some great castles (dover & Leeds come to mind but there are a lot more) London about 1.5 hrs away (train). Ashford about 30 minutes away from there you can jump on the eurostar and be in Paris 2 hours later :clap: (y) or take the ferry from Dover over to calais (2hr ferry journey iirc) for the ol Booze cruise.

Chaucer spoke highly of it! :LOL:

Well ive not heard anything back from the job. There wasn't a closing date so theres still a chance, but im not feeling very confident.:( I so hate job hunting. I find one I like, and don't hear anything.. then its back to trawling through tons of rubbish ones and getting depressed.

Lots of good pubs and bars, as mentioned clubs are crap
Like anywhere else it has its bad areas, Thanington in this case
Quite good for shopping
Traveling across the city is a nigh mare by car, traffic is bad
Close access to the A2 so getting about is easy
Kent has some greats places to go for a photographer, most of these mentioned above.

Back