anyone use a 7d for motorsport

Better than a 40d or a 50d which is all I can comment on as I've not had enough hands-on time with anything better.

i've only used 10d, 20d, 30d, and 40d.. so any feedback you can give me comparing the 7d to 40d will be valuable.

although i already bought the thing so its too late now :) (£928 bargain!)

although i already bought the thing so its too late now :) (£928 bargain!)

Would you mind awfully disclosing where you got such a good price? :love:
Also, is that a new, sealed box?

A 7D is on my shopping list y'see!

Bestbuy are offering 20% cashback (topcashback or quidco) until Tuesday standard price £1159

7d takes a different battery. They're chipped, genuine ones expensive, but you can get aftermarket ones which apparently work, but may need charging in a different charger (comes with battery often). Standard battery lasts longer than a 40D one anyway.

there are some aftermarket ones on ebay gary (batteries that is)

watch the focus, you need to set it up right, a lot of people are convinced it doesnt work properly but just havent read the manual, mine was faulty, but once fixed was excellent.

You should be getting 1000 or so shots from each charge Gary, so it's not as necessary to have a second as it is with a 30 or 40D.

Having said that a back up is always handy.

Have a quick read through the AF section on this, which is almost identical to the 7D, although some of the CFn numbers are different:

http://www.canonrumors.com/files/1dm4cfnguide.pdf

And the Canon Learning Centre vids are handy too, especially if you are going to use OCF:

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3167

best camera i've ever owned

batteries last forever, much more thank 1k! even in freezing cold wales wrc in november

The 40D is going?! *shock*

Surprised you didn't pick up a 2nd hand MkIII actually.

But he already has an iphone :)

i tried, but i didnt get very far :)

Whys that? Wouldnt cut you a deal?

The 7d is a much more sensible choice for motorsports. More MP, so you can crop, with the added crop factor and an AF system on parr with the 1d3 - your laughing.

All your lacking is the nice DOF on the larger sensors.

7d is on the wish list.

about 15 month ago i was toying with getting a 7d and saw some pix from a retailer who had done a test at some motor sports event in the south of england and the results were very good indeed.

Whys that? Wouldnt cut you a deal?

The 7d is a much more sensible choice for motorsports. More MP, so you can crop, with the added crop factor and an AF system on parr with the 1d3 - your laughing.

All your lacking is the nice DOF on the larger sensors.

7d is on the wish list.

but i wish it didnt have a) a flash b) HD video
I'd rather it was £100 cheaper and didnt have those.. i dont need them or want them.

But...but...but.... *everyone* wants video Gary!

Well, apart from anyone who require you to sign a piece of paper at a circuit that is ;-)

This was with an old ( about 20 yrs ) 400 2.8 and 7D

Got the 40D as well and the 7D is a really big improvement

Here is a link
to some really handy tutorials. Autofocus takes a bit of getting used but is very good

947252019_FPcrL-XL.jpg

Back