Anyone use CopyTrack?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
As title

No, so looked them up.

Initially it sounded a bit like an alternative to Pixsy.

Though I can't recall if Pixsy say the same but I don't think it does Copy Track any favours calling the copyright infringement of images "theft". Yes, it has become more common to use the word but it is not correct and in a lot of folks minds inflames the discussion because 'i have had my images stolen.....' (deprived of your property?)

Last edited:
... in a lot of folks minds inflames the discussion because 'i have had my images stolen.....' (deprived of your property?)
Agreed.

As has been written: "the dim we always have with us".

I only asked about it because I saw something about it on Twitter.

Someone is actually using one of my photos, without permission. I sent them multiple emails to take it down but no reply. They found it on my website. I have since deleted all my images and added a faint copyright on all of them.

Someone is actually using one of my photos, without permission. I sent them multiple emails to take it down but no reply. They found it on my website. I have since deleted all my images and added a faint copyright on all of them.
Pixsy is free and IIRC you can draw their attention to an infringement that you have found. Though is the infringer in your case a company/corporate entity or a lone individual 'sharing' your image???

As for routes to action, I think if you were more detailed, without naming names, perhaps @DemiLion could throw some words of advice into the thread?

Pixsy is good for corporates in a few select countries like us, UK and Netherlands. You are pretty much left with DMCA for the rest, or you can try contacting the hosting company. Apparently that can work in some cases. China, Russia, Arabs just forget about it

What platform do they have it on. If the website/account holder is not responding to emails then there are other alternatives available.

As for the original question - never heard of them I'm afraid.

Back