Anyone use Loxely colour?

Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
No
I use Loxely colour for all my printing but I'm wondering is there any other companies out there who provide a professional service but who are cheaper?? Also for anyone living N.Ireland/Ireland - is there any good printers I can use there as my postage is more expensive coming from Glasgow???

try DSCL

loxely is well overpriced and the quality is no better than most other places

loxely is well overpriced and the quality is no better than most other places

+1

What do you want to print? if it's wedding albums look at photostorie.ie we use them a lot and can't recommend them enough for album and print quality.

Loxley are a bit more expensive but the customer service is brilliant and there turnaround time is so much better than most! I say there are worth paying bit extra for!

Nicola, why should I be bothered about customer service, if they are a good company they should get it right first time? Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting Loxley are not good, but their prices are a little high.

You should consider customer service, as even the best companies get things wrong sometimes. In saying that though, there are other companies out there, competitively priced, with good products and good customer service. Loxleys are good, but at the higher end pricewise, for some products.

Nicola, why should I be bothered about customer service, if they are a good company they should get it right first time? Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting Loxley are not good, but their prices are a little high.

Anyone can make mistakes. I had a wedding album done. One double page was of confetti going over the bride. A relatively small dark blob had crept into the image, easy to miss in the human QC which was done given it was around the same size as a piece of confetti. A quick email with photo of the page to loxley, and within an hour they arranged pickup of the whole album, and it was back with me within the week with the page replaced.
That is good customer service in my opinion. Ok, so you pay a premium to have this service, that is upfront.

For a different company, scratches were all over one of my images, couldn't get them to accept a problem (was difficult enough to get a response by email, no answer by phone). Had to write the expensive item (~£40) off, and get it replaced elsewhere. This was an extra cost to me, that was paid when the problem occurred.

Customer service is important, even if you wish you never have to use it.

Last edited:
+1

What do you want to print? if it's wedding albums look at photostorie.ie we use them a lot and can't recommend them enough for album and print quality.

+1

For general printing I use DSCL and photostorie for my wedding albums.

Lisa

As you live in N. Ireland try Ronnie Calvert in Lurgan. High quality but not cheap.
Tel 02838 326729 Speak to Ronnie or Fiona

Last edited:
Hi,
There is no price list on photostorie web site, I know its a complete ball park question, but what do there albums cost, can anyone give examples.

Jordan

Hi,
There is no price list on photostorie web site, I know its a complete ball park question, but what do there albums cost, can anyone give examples.

Jordan

Please contact Photostorie direct.

Without wanting to sound a complete ass :puke:, it is not in our (photographers who use these suppliers) interest to have trade prices discussed in public forums.

chip said:
Please contact Photostorie direct.

Without wanting to sound a complete ass :puke:, it is not in our (photographers who use these suppliers) interest to have trade prices discussed in public forums.

I have done!

I wasn't looking for a trade price.... :) although, that sounds interesting!

chip said:
I believe they only sell to trade.

Yes they do, the guy just emailed me back. I do have my own business, just not photography...

Hmmm I'll keep looking for somewhere that will sell to me.

Back