Anyone use Negative Film Scanner?

Name
Bal Sanghera
Edit My Images
Yes
Im looking at getting a negative film scanner and just wondered if anyone has got one or used one with pleaseing results... There are quite a few brands out there and all have mixed reviews :bonk:

Hi Bal
I was given a Nikon Coolscan as a birthday present about four years ago. Whilst I have used it to scan 35mm negatives, and have been very pleased with the results, I do not use it that often as I am now fully digital.
Being objective, I have probably not used the scanner often enough to justify the outlay (around £400), so would suggest you ask yourself how much you would use it before purchasing.
regards

Thats the thing theres loads of under £100 and actually seen one on amazon for £60ish which around £80-90 on other sites...

I thought this would be a nice xmas present for my dad as we have 100s of negatives in a box, most of the original prints have disappeared over the years so good chance to bring back some old pics...

Yep, I've got a Canon that cost £130 for my medium format negs and it's great. The only difficulty with this method is dust. Make sure the negs are as clean as possible before scanning.

Back