Anyone used an Olypmus e-p2

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
Just wondered if there's any members familiar with this camera as i'm very interested in picking one up with the Panasonic 20mm 1.7 'pancake' lens.

i want a P&S alternative to my heavy 1D3 when out on relaxed family day's out and just love the wide open shots taken with this combo.

Anyone with good/bad experiences using this combo?

I've used the Olympus EP1 and 20mm combo (briefly, sent the 20mm back)
And I know that the EP2 is meant to be very much the same, I love using my EP1 its much more compact and portable than carrying around the DSLR kit that I was - I use the Olympus 17mm and legacy lenses on my EP1 and I love it.

I would certainly reccomend picking one up, and the 20mm its a cracking lens and theres some good deals on the EP2 just now with the EP3 having been announced.

I know that the EP1 focus isn't meant to be great but I've not had any problems, not always great in low light but thats partly down to the 17mm f2.8 lens I'm using, the 20mm was much better.

I made the same call when I bought my EP1 - £300 including the 17mm lens brand new which at the time was about half of the cost of the EP2 alone, I understand that the AF of the EP2 is better than the EP1 but like I said I've not had any major issues.

Back