Anyone used socameras, are they good?

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I stumble across this website whilst looking for a lens last night, but I’ve never heard of them. Trustpilot has generally good reviews, but they I’ve also seen that they got hacked and fake reviews put up. They’ve got a UK address so it all seems fine, but I was wondering if anyone’s used them and can comment on their service etc

Website

I bought a grey 5diii from them some time ago

no problem at all at that time

Dave

I stumble across this website whilst looking for a lens last night, but I’ve never heard of them. Trustpilot has generally good reviews, but they I’ve also seen that they got hacked and fake reviews put up. They’ve got a UK address so it all seems fine, but I was wondering if anyone’s used them and can comment on their service etc

Website
Have they actually got any stock?

Comapny accounts make 'interesting reading', significant losses in last 3 years return, and nowhere obvious as to where capital to keep day to day running is coming from. If itb was me, I'd tread cautiously, especially if px was involved.

Have they actually got any stock?
It was a used lens I was looking at, was in stock last night.
Comapny accounts make 'interesting reading', significant losses in last 3 years return, and nowhere obvious as to where capital to keep day to day running is coming from. If itb was me, I'd tread cautiously, especially if px was involved.

Thanks, that’s all I needed to know (y) I shall stick to the companies I know and trust.

Website

Know Steve personally that runs it, great people couldn't personally recommend enough :)

Cancel the above was talking about SE Cameras! Don't know SO Cameras.

Last edited:
I tried buying a Sony A7Riv from them. Part exchanging my A7Riii at the same time. Total nightmare. A7Riv was allegedly stuck in an Amazon warehouse somewhere in Germany. I eventually tired of waiting and being fobbed off and got them to return my A7Riii and a full refund. I did However get a £25.00 Amazon voucher as way of an apology. The A7Riv was still on their for sale pages even after I had Paid for it. I was just relieved to get my camera and money back. The strange thing is i felt they were legit just totally disorganised. Clearly though once bitten ........

I read this thread and was a little wary.

Nevertheless, I bought a used XQD card from them on eBay.

No communication from them, had to remind them that they missed the very generous delivery date.
Then said the card was late, should have been delivered to me on the day they put it in the post ( late).

Was considering another item they have for sale on eBay, but will give them a miss.

Back