Anyone using the Sigma 2.8 70 - 200mm EX DG USM QE2 BBC HTC thingy?

Edit My Images
Yes
As above, anyone shooting with the Sigma 2.8 70 - 200mm.

Seems like a nice bit of kit and wondering how it stacks up to the L IS canon equivalent lens considering its around£500/600 cheaper.

Ta.

From what I've heard its equal, or as close as your going to get to the 70-200 f2.8L, only valid reason alot of people give for going the Canon route is if you want IS and weather sealing. Was sorely tempted myself but did want the IS, otherwise I would probably have saved a fortune and gone for the Sigma.

Another factor that did put me off a little is the chances of getting a bad copy of a Sigma, although I think this is probably over rated and hyped by Canon loyalists, it was in the back of my mind nonetheless.

I have the ex 70-200 f2.8

I carried out extensive tests in the local shop before I parted with cash. IS aside, i could see no difference between the L series competition. But my wallet noticed the difference ;)

Much as I love the image quality of the lens the finish has been giving me cause for concern for a while.

I'm finding the black finish is actually starting to peel along some of the "sharp" edges, just where the tripod ring fits. I don't think I'm particularly rough with my kit but it does have to work in crappy conditions a lot of the time. I'll post a couple of pics tonight to show you what I mean.

dod, i'd be happy to look at the pics m8 :)

I wonder of you could claim against it on the 3yr warranty?

im buying this lens very soon, still wanting the canon L but cant afford it.

trying to find a non macro version is proving tricky so im gonna have to go for the macro varient.

jamie

i'll sell you mine Jamie

it's been used to take about 100 pics..........i'll swap it for one of those bp ford focii ;)

digitalfailure said:
dod, i'd be happy to look at the pics m8 :)

I wonder of you could claim against it on the 3yr warranty?
Sorry about quality hand held under a 60w bulb at ISO1000 :puke: I wonder it it's because I've never used the tripod collar it's exposed the sharp corner to abrasion. In any case, I bought it secnd hand, don't have the receipt and warranty won't apply :( Still works fine though which is what really matters ;)

ML1W6007.JPG

ML1W6008.JPG

that sucks :(

Do you have the tripod collar?
I find it a handy item to have to get a more secure hold on the lens for the hand held shots.

I'd still take it into a dealer and see what they can do for you.

digitalfailure said:
that sucks :(

Do you have the tripod collar?
I find it a handy item to have to get a more secure hold on the lens for the hand held shots.

I'd still take it into a dealer and see what they can do for you.
That's interesting, still got it but I always found it just got in the way if you were in a hurry. If I decide to upgrade it anytime for a canon IS version (weatherproofing) I'll probaly take it in, till then I'll just live with it :)

Ally said:
dod, Mine looks a lot worse than that . That doesen't really bother me its just superfical? is it?
Yep, just the rubbery stuff coming off which was a pain to keep clean anyway :LOL:

I went for the Canon f4L in the end, the deciding factor was weight.

sigma 1270g
canon F4 705g
Canon F2.8 non IS 1310g
Canon F2.8 IS 1470g

keeps you fit!

now

im looking at the Macro version of this puppy and the Sigma 2x tc...anyone had a sx TC?

Back