Aperture setting on Olypus E510

Name
graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Please can someone help me I have encountered the following problem when trying to set the aperture reading in all my modes including aperture priority etc. The yellow indication where the f reading should be just shows -.-
I`ve spoken to Olympus who have advised me to return the camera to them for a service which I am very reluctant to do after only buying it 6 weeks ago. Hs any one else experienced this problem or am I on my own. and advise or suggestions would be appreciated I think I have tried everything to rectify it.:(:crying::thinking::help:

MY E-420's roughly that old, and I've had no such issue mate I'm afraid. You sure it's the body and not just the lens?

Chris Ive even tried it without the kit lenses and it still wont let me set the aperure.

Take it back to where you bought it. Your consumer rights say that an item must be fit for the purpose it was bought for and if it is not then the sellers have to replace it.

Jenny

have you tried a firmware update?

I'd try for a replacement camera though from the supplier if they are local. If all they are going to do is send it off to oly then you may as well do it yoursaelf

Thanks Jenny and Who? I originally bought from a power seller and I awaiting a reply from him re returning it, Olympus say they will only repair /service it because I didn`t buy from them. I think that will be my only solution all though it will be deemed as refurbished.:(:crying::help:

I take it you have tried resetting the camera to the factory default setting ?

Thank you Bully I had already done that but I have now resolved the problem.
I think I must have had a most serious senior moment by not ensuring the lens was attached to camera securely. How can I have been so stupid.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions I am now a happy bunny:);)I am such a :geek::clap::wave:

Back