APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone have any experience with this lens ..ie good ,bad .Was planning it for my motocross outings,so i'm curious,anyone have any thoughts..:shrug:.this one maybe in the picture also..Pentax smc-DA 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM.. Ta for looking (y)

I take this is the HSM version? I trialed one before I eventually went for the Nikon 70-200mm AF-S VR. Yes, it's double the price but I had my reasons to pay difference.

To be honest I found it as sharp and fast to focus as the Nikon. The main difference is the lack of image stabilisation. Otherwise it were small things that made me decide to go for the Nikon.

Mxfun, Jessops is doing this in Canon and Nikon fit (the HSM macro version) for £579 at the moment - gonna buy it myself.

I used it till not that long ago, it's a great lens. Like Shak, I found it to be just as quick and at least as sharp as my Canon F2.8. The only reason I changed it was you know how much mud and dirt there is flying about and the canon has weatherproofing.

I have one, and it's as said, sharp and sweet.
I tend to use it with a 1.4 TC as a walk about lens (birds/my dogs etc), as it's a lot lighter than the 100-400 L.

Nice bokeh with it also.

I love my sigma 70-200. I don't know if it's because it was my first lens. But it really is the best one I have. I use it for indoor and walkaround at carnivals and events. It's looking a bit worn now as the coating comes off a little too easy.. But it's like an old reliable friend :)

It is a fantstic lens!

Can only agree with the above. A super lens, fast focus and as sharp as you like.

Thanks folks for all the feedback much appreciated .Phoned Sigma today..(your not going to believe this) THEY DON'T DO ONE for Pentax as of yet and the guy couldn't say when they would be,so am bit cheesed off about that :thumbsdown:

Back