Apperture wont find my photos

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok im trying to open some photos i took today, onto my Macbook.

I transferred the images to a portable hard drive (that stores all my images) via the built in SD card slot.

I am able to view the photos in Preview, but when i try to open the folder in Apperture the photos do not show. All other photos on the portable hard drive will open in Apperture but not these:thinking:
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

any help would be much appreciated

Cheers Andy

Need a bit more info...
Is this trying to import the photos, or are you just trying to use Aperture to view them?
RAW or JPEG files?
If RAW, what camera are they from?
Is this the same camera used for all the photos which do show?

Hi Jim

I am trying to import the photos. they are jpeg files shot on a Canon powershot. All of the other images on the Portable hard drive have been taken with 400D, 1DS MKII or 1DMKIII.

when i open the menu in Apperture to import the folder it shows as blank.......

will attach a screenshot in a minute

Cheers Andy

Picture1.png

Hi Andy,

Is it the same if you navigate to 'My Passport' using the primary navigation (orange bit) on the top left?

Also longwinded but have you tried dragging and dropping them onto your desktop and then changing the 'Store Files' on the right back to where you want them on My Passport?

Hi Andy,

Is it the same if you navigate to 'My Passport' using the primary navigation (orange bit) on the top left?

Also longwinded but have you tried dragging and dropping them onto your desktop and then changing the 'Store Files' on the right back to where you want them on My Passport?

Hi Smoothedit, yes still the same result, very frustrating as it recognises all the other image files but not the ones in this folder, might try adding them to a different folder but clutching at straws really. Maybe Cowasaki could through his opinion into the ring?

I was gonna ask exactly the same question as smoothedit.
The only other thing I thought might be happening is Aperture hiding files it thinks it's already imported, but I've just tested this and it doesn't do this.
Any other oddities with Aperture recently? The application unexpectedly quitting etc...?
The next thing I guess is hosing the preferences/plist file and restarting it.

Is your Aperture fully up to date? May be worth checking so you get the latest compatibility.

Will have a poke around.

I am struggling to find any other explanation. Could you open iPhoto and see if that can see them?
If it can then it will almost certainly be a case of updating your aperture to the latest version to cope with the latest cameras and files.

I am struggling to find any other explanation. Could you open iPhoto and see if that can see them?
If it can then it will almost certainly be a case of updating your aperture to the latest version to cope with the latest cameras and files.

You Sir just hit the nail on the head :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:, Imported to iphoto then Apperture and no problem.

Wouldn't think apperture needs updating. only got it two weeks ago, but you never know

Cheers for the help Smoothedit!

Andy

Wouldn't think apperture needs updating. only got it two weeks ago, but you never know

Latest version is 2.1.3. If you're showing anything less than that on the splash screen, get over to the Apple site and grab the update.
Odd that iPhoto saw them and Aperture didn't though. Once imported into iPhoto, did they suddenly show up on the external driver in Aperture, or did you use the "Import From iPhoto" option?

:) If you purchased aperture on a disc chances are that it is a few updates old :) Hit that 'Check for Updates' button and see if that cures it.

Glad to be of service (y)

yep version 2.1.3, will have to leave updates until im home on leave. using satelite for internet connection so cant handle big downloads

yep its version 2.1.3, will have to leave updates until im home on leave. using satelite for internet connection so cant handle big downloads

yep its version 2.1.3, will have to leave updates until im home on leave. using satelite for internet connection so cant handle big downloads

:LOL: being cool enough to have internet over a sat connection makes you cool enough to get away with triple posts!

Are you sat in a desert somewhere? Saving the free world?

being cool enough to have internet over a sat connection makes you cool enough to get away with triple posts!

Are you sat in a desert somewhere? Saving the free world?

Haha not quite, Im an Engineer on a Dive Support/Salvage Ship. Sat at anchor near Doha at the minute

:) Wow! You lucky wotsit!!

Still you are missing 90 degrees here :LOL:

Back