Critique Apple, sliced. Levitation

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
OK, so I looked at some (much better) previous efforts at this sort of creative work on here, and thought I would have a go myself. I decided not to use any tutorials and try to use Photoshop to complete the task. End result is ok?

Please do provide advice on how I can improve on this sort of image - I enjoyed the process, and certainly wish to learn Photoshop more extensively. I have some more ideas for this type of shot, so of to watch some tutorials now!

Sliced
by seanoevil, on Flickr

To me it doesn't look as if it's levitating.
Maybe if you added a suitable background it would show it more.

To me it doesn't look as if it's levitating.
Maybe if you added a suitable background it would show it more.

I'd have to agree. A decent BG or maybe a shadow.

Personally, I'd prefer nice clean cuts. Also, seems to be faded at the top and bottom.

Always good to try new things so keep it up and maybe post an edit...if you see fit.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Also I think that if you want to give an impression of levitation then maybe a vertical stack would be better - perhaps with a a bigger gap at the top and with the gap getting smaller towards the bottom.

I don't think I have actually seen it done that way but hopefully it would give an impression of the top bit levitating first and gainoing speed - if tht makes sense :)

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback! Yep, going to try some new things so will take advice on board!

Back