Appleby Horse Fair

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
A few shots down by the river yesterday...

ApplebyHorseFair2007-1-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-8-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-10-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-14-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-17-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-24-800.jpg

ApplebyHorseFair2007-25-800.jpg

I love these Oy!!

Beautifully processed.

This is one of the first times I haven't been to Appleby. It's a fun place to be.

Fantastic shots...lots of fun.

No.2 for me............. whaaaat??? :shrug: :naughty: :D

Whatever is that hanging down in no.5? :eek: :nono:

The shape of the horse's head and neck in the last two is great.

We went quite a number of years ago.....love to go again.

Really good shots oy, I was there last year and got some very nice shots but the amount of pikeys left me gripping my camera bag and equipment very tightly..:cautious:

nice shots, never seen that before, looks like a good day out :)

Thanks!

Down by the water's edge there you have to keep your wits about you and keep your eye on the animals.

... and the horses :D

Great shots - but got to agree with Busterboy, I always fear for my life if taking shots on my own.

Maybe we should have a meet next year.

...yeah and all get robbed together...:LOL: :LOL:

I fancied going but felt the same way as Buster & Keltic.

I never felt threatened or in any danger. In fact - rather then lose anything I came back with a couple of new friends - a nice pair of ticks embedded in my waistline :eek:

Superb pics, Ive always found Appleby horse fair to be a superb event and have never encountered any problems personally.

It was on the news today that some guy had killed his horse in the river there yesterday. :(

Lovely set of pics. Am liking #2 as well :naughty:
What exactly were they doing with the horses? :thinking:

It was on the news today that some guy had killed his horse in the river there yesterday. :(

Every year unfortunately there are one or two problems with some strange goings on. For the last few years I've heard of folks drowning horses that couldn't be sold. How true... who knows.

Vast majority of the community love their horses, and the money they can bring :D

-Oy- Were you in the water with the horses? Is that how you got Ticks?

I was there Sunday as well. I thought I'd got a few good pics and was about to post one or two here but your set puts my efforts to shame.

ie. The man with the crop in his mouth, just doesn't compare. :shake:

Manandcrop.jpg

BTW are you one of these togs ?

Photographers.jpg

I would have liked to get down to the waters edge but it looked a little dangerous so stayed on the bridge. :)

An excellent series of images, especially the first, which is very appealing :)
I also like how you haven't cropped too tight, particularly giving the horses space to swim into.
Good work

OOoh -0y- ... Im loving the images youre posting at the moment (y)
Never heard of this event, so the politics & pikeys is all lost on me, leaving me to appreciate the images for what they are.

All fabulous captures but my top 3 are... #1, #2, & #4
Of course I have to sit on the same fence as Min & Janice ... regarding #2 being my fave :naughty:

Guilty as charged - that's me on the right with the brace of Nikons :D

With both hands gripping them very tightly..:D

Back on the subject of Appleby I have never had any problems regarding trouble, But its not that I stroll around and leave my bag alone either..:cautious:

How bizarre two TP members so close together and didnt even know it..:)

WOW there gorg...i always wanted coloured,but lol i crnt have everythin!
Who is the lad in the third pic :p
xxxxx
I wanna talk to im : [********[/email] (add me)
OMG i just relised i have tat driving brridle in the third pic for our welsh d stallion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr, not sure why youve chosen to make your first post by digging up a thread that is nearly two years old, but this is a photography forum and as such (and for your own protection) I have removed your contact details from your post.

Very, very good shots. Great clarity

I love these shots, together with the energy and action that they show. :)

I've done this once before, many moons ago, tough going through the water, but it was great fun.

nice shots!

I didn't know that you can wash horses with Fairy liquid!:LOL:

Great captures and looked a lovely day too.

Number 4 for me, the alignment of the horses head brill

Jay

Back