Apple's site has gone down :)

I said it would rival the high end iPad. Is it the perfect mobile photo editing solution or wht?

Also was it me or did they say 24p editing in imovie? Really want to know if that is correct

This so. I still want a Macbook with an iPad instead to the keyboard :)

Air - HOW MUCH?!? Cor dear! I was half considering until I saw the price!

iPad covers that area for me :)

is that everything announced now then?

Yeah, apart from any details of updates on iweb and iDVD of which there seems to be nothing updated at all?????

New OS looks good. Have to save air is amazing, but for most of my need an iPad will be more likely to be on my to buy list.

If Imovie can now do 24p what does that say about final cut express?

forgive me for sounding a little negative, perhaps theres not enough info on their site but i dont really see whats massively improved with Lion? basically theyve added in their version of windows key + tab, desktop shortcuts which was there before and full screen apps?

also the air has never really done much for me, yeah okay its got flash storage and its a smidge thinner, its still essentially a rich mans netbook (awaits flaming for that one :D)

The "announcement" of Lion was just its name and a couple of its initial features, thats all.

seems a lot of mac users couldnt watch the vid either.. but it seems a lot of places are echoing what i said.. lion news was lacking anything spectacular (so far) and the new MBA is poorly spec'd on the processor and memory front for anything useful.

Last edited:
The new 11" air is truly a thing of beauty. It looks like an almost worthy sucessor to the greqt 12" powerbook g4. Only problem is the spec. My wife's inspiron 11z is equally specced and cost half the price. With student discount the 128gb 4gb version may not be too bad. It is making me consider my iPad plan...

Last edited:
no doubt its an impressive feat of engineering.. however for its pricepoint youd expect at least an i processor. obviously that would munch some battery but seriously who needs 30 days standby?

(also no response from joe yet, maybe he spontainiously combusted?!)

no doubt its an impressive feat of engineering.. however for its pricepoint youd expect at least an i processor. obviously that would munch some battery but seriously who needs 30 days standby?

(also no response from joe yet, maybe he spontainiously combusted?!)

Re the i processor, it is surprising that one is not included as the 11z in the us has recently been upgraded to use one of the low power i3 ones. Still, the 11z looks like a right pig next to the 11" air!

i hate to think of joes reaction to this thread..

He's probably in the bathroom now. ;)

he's probably in the audience :LOL:

:LOL:

would you believe. I didn't even watch it :LOL: didn't even remember it was happening :eek:

also, macbooks and macbook airs to me are - meh! Not a big fan of laptops.

ilife 11 though the new iphoto stuff ME LIKEY!!! I love the facebook features (geeky I know) but all my family hang on photos of my daughter every week so this will be good. Also the email and sildeshow features look great, so getting it now. Imovie and Garageband - meh I use final cut and I have no musical skills whatsoever

ive gone for a macbook pro 13'' now .. still easy to plug into the tv and use big screen but also a nice small portable piece of kit .. yummy :D

i've been doing 24p in final cut for over a year. I use final cut pro

Yeah it has always been in Final Cut Pro, but Final cut express doesn't do it. The price difference for what I do isn't worth it, so express is perfect. IMovie now has the 24p feature essentially making it more useful in a lot of situations that final cut express. Seems like an update needs to happen to FCE to make up for this. I see Aperture has had a big update today though, so it may be in the pipeline

Hehe,
Well I ended up with the 13" 4Gb 256Gb thought might as well go for the highest spec. Cant wait for it now.

oooooo

i cant see if i should buy a 13'' MBP or a mini :|

The new Air looks nice, I just wish they had put an i3 into the 13" Macbook.

Hmmm... so when is a new/revised MacBook likely then? My 3 year old one is looking a bit sorry for itself and I fancy a change. The new Air's look lovely but I use mine for storage too (500gb drive at present, almost full) so the flash storage is way too low ATM :(

Back