Apps for landscapes

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Anyone have any they use? I'm on Android, got sun survey lite. Its a sun compass that tells you where the sun will come up from, what time etc. Also tells you your golden hour. Thought It might be good to start a thread with apps to help?

Sunseeker, Google Earth and The Photographers Ephemeris (y)

I have an Archos Cobalt 80 and virtually no apps will install on it :thumbsdown:

f/8 is another that I use. Not sure if it is available on Android, but I find it really useful.

It calculates depth of field, hyperfocal distance etc and also has a virtual camera bag facility where you can select the camera and lens combo and the app automatically calculates circle of confusion etc

Both iPhone and android have apps for tide predictions either using your GPS enabled point or for a specified location. Very useful if you are doing seascapes.
Hope this helps
James

I use:

TPE
NDFilterCalc
PhotoPills - big suite of useful tools, check it out
Sun Surveyor
TiltLens - calculates tilt angles for Scheimpflug
#UKSnow - map of snow falling in the UK updated by twitter users
WeatherPro - hour by hour weather forecasts, I've found it to be near enough spot on accurate
MeteoEarth - integrates with WeatherPro with broadcast standard weather maps, precipitations mapping, satellite etc
Live Lightning - tracks lightning strikes
UK Tides
Deluxe Moon - calendars of moon phases, apogees, moonrise and set etc, very powerful

I've never really found a weather app that's reliable and simple, but gives enough detail to be useful too, so I usually just go on the MET office website. The Photographers Ephemeris is a cracking tool, which is well worth the six quid I think I paid for it. If you shoot coastal locations then a tide time app will be incredible usefull too. Oh, and don't forget a DoF calculator app, especially useful for hyperfocal distance figures

I can not find live lightning on android. If any one knows of a similar app for android then please share.

The apps I use are as follows
T.P.E.
BBC weather
U.K. Tides
ND filter calc

Give WeatherPro a go, I find it very accurate, it gives hour by hour forecasts and they're rarely wrong in my experience.

I also use WeatherPro and have found it to be very accurate. It has a ton of very useful features and is something I use on almost a daily basis.

I use:

TPE
NDFilterCalc
PhotoPills - big suite of useful tools, check it out
Sun Surveyor
TiltLens - calculates tilt angles for Scheimpflug
#UKSnow - map of snow falling in the UK updated by twitter users
WeatherPro - hour by hour weather forecasts, I've found it to be near enough spot on accurate
MeteoEarth - integrates with WeatherPro with broadcast standard weather maps, precipitations mapping, satellite etc
Live Lightning - tracks lightning strikes
UK Tides
Deluxe Moon - calendars of moon phases, apogees, moonrise and set etc, very powerful

PhotoPills is a brilliant app and has 6 or so video's on how to use it!
Sun Surveyor is very good.
TPE is a no brainer!
NDFilterCalc is another very useful app.

I shall have a look at the others you suggest Mark, I take it you use an iPhone?

Andy

Back