Aquatech XL with Sigma 150-600mm

Name
Angus
Edit My Images
No
Hello all, I have been into photography for quite a while, but only now getting more into it and enjoying taking night pics and more wildlife. I live on Uist in the Outer Hebrides so we get a fair bit of rough weather. I recently bought a Canon 7D MkII and am now wanting to buy a Sigma 150-600mm contemporary lens to get more wildlife and surfing pics. I'd like a rain cover and have been looking at the Aquatech XL, but I'm not sure if the cover will fit. I've been taking photos for years, but never thought of the technical side of things, more point and shoot. So it a bit embarrassing that I don't really know if the 150mm- 600mm means the length of the lens at it's closed position and extended? If so the Aquatech won't fit as it says it will fit a lens up to 530mm in length. Anyone able to help a numpty or suggest another rain cover? I tried a search on the forum, but couldn't find the right info. Thanks for reading this far.

Hello all, I have been into photography for quite a while, but only now getting more into it and enjoying taking night pics and more wildlife.

I live on Uist in the Outer Hebrides so we get a fair bit of rough weather.

I recently bought a Canon 7D MkII and am now wanting to buy a Sigma 150-600mm contemporary lens to get more wildlife and surfing pics. I'd like a rain cover and have been looking at the Aquatech XL, but I'm not sure if the cover will fit.

I've been taking photos for years, but never thought of the technical side of things, more point and shoot. So it a bit embarrassing that I don't really know if the 150mm- 600mm means the length of the lens at it's closed position and extended?

If so the Aquatech won't fit as it says it will fit a lens up to 530mm in length. Anyone able to help a numpty or suggest another rain cover?

I tried a search on the forum, but couldn't find the right info. Thanks for reading this far.

Hi and welcome

I took the liberty of line breaking your looog paragraph ;)

Hello all, I have been into photography for quite a while, but only now getting more into it and enjoying taking night pics and more wildlife. I live on Uist in the Outer Hebrides so we get a fair bit of rough weather. I recently bought a Canon 7D MkII and am now wanting to buy a Sigma 150-600mm contemporary lens to get more wildlife and surfing pics. I'd like a rain cover and have been looking at the Aquatech XL, but I'm not sure if the cover will fit. I've been taking photos for years, but never thought of the technical side of things, more point and shoot. So it a bit embarrassing that I don't really know if the 150mm- 600mm means the length of the lens at it's closed position and extended? If so the Aquatech won't fit as it says it will fit a lens up to 530mm in length. Anyone able to help a numpty or suggest another rain cover? I tried a search on the forum, but couldn't find the right info. Thanks for reading this far.
I used this one when I owned the lens.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...0-F5-6-3-Contemporary-3-Colours-/121786836489

Would you like me to take the liberty of correcting the grammar in your post?

Not so much grammar but a mistype using the phone :coat:

PS I hoped I was helping..........purely my opinion but with such long paragraphs it is harder to read and hence offer help. Just my (helpful?) tuppence worth???

Best phoning up someone at wildlifewatching supplies and explains what your after , the 150-600 is the focal length of the camera not the size btw .. a word of advice though , no matter what manufactures claim about there gear I.e weather sealed, water resistant ... the one golden rule I go by is keep away from rain or water in any form , especially sea water as it’s extremely corrosive to electronics ...

This review says the lens dimensions are:

Max Length at Full Extension15.31” (388.8mm)

Lens Length with Hood (Min-Max)13.55 - 16.69” (344.1 - 424mm)

Sorry now edited to a contemporary lens :)

Unfortunately a 600mm lens isn’t 600mm in length. A canon 600mm f4 is 448mm long.

If you look at the aqua tech website they should list what lenses it’s suitable for.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies and thanks rob-nikon. That's what I'd been looking for, the actual length of the lens when it's extended.

AJ

Thanks for the replies and thanks rob-nikon. That's what I'd been looking for, the actual length of the lens when it's extended.

AJ
The manufacturers are never that helpful. There is usually a review with those details but it’s funding them. From those measurements the hood would add 36mm. It would be great for someone on here to check the measurements if they have this lens.

Back