Arbroath

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
No its not Arbroath castle, it is what they built to hide the water storage tanks for the town!
Water_storage_tower.jpg

Its great the effort they could put into architecture in those days. I like the path as a lead in to the building but the goalpost is a little distracting maybe?(y)

Its great the effort they could put into architecture in those days. I like the path as a lead in to the building but the goalpost is a little distracting maybe?(y)

Thanks. I agree with you. perhaps I should return under cover of darkness with the chainsaw. :D

Thanks. I agree with you. perhaps I should return under cover of darkness with the chainsaw. :D

Or in your lounge under the cover of darkness with a clone tool! :D

Beautiful colours and I am going to believe its a castle! :)

Fabulous shot...colours and composition work for me!!!

There's a similar water storage 'castle' near Finsbury Park - they just don't make 'em like that used to!

Didn't know people in Arbroath actually used water for anything:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well I had a wonderful stay in Arbroath... I think they use that water to wash the haddock, which they then make into delicious Arbroath Smokies.... so :razz:

Not sure they need the full amount stored in the "castle" for that though.. but they can always use the rest in high pressure hoses to repel hostile incomers like you!! :D :LOL:

Well I had a wonderful stay in Arbroath... I think they use that water to wash the haddock, which they then make into delicious Arbroath Smokies.... so :razz:

Not sure they need the full amount stored in the "castle" for that though.. but they can always use the rest in high pressure hoses to repel hostile incomers like you!! :D :LOL:

Ita ah richt Janice he canna help it. He comes fae Stoney:LOL:
Which by the way has a very nice wee harbour too.

very nice sawman, i prefer your idea about chainsaw or maybe get the same guys that took down the posts at wembley in 77:woot:

Ita ah richt Janice he canna help it. He comes fae Stoney:LOL:
Which by the way has a very nice wee harbour too.

Tut Tut. Janice seems tae hae teen offence at ma wee joke.:puke: Glad you didna' Sawman(y)

Janice: I'm just up the road and I too have had some nice times in Arbroath and love their Smokies(y)

Nah.... I was only joking!!! (y)

Tut Tut. Janice seems tae hae teen offence at ma wee joke.:puke: Glad you didna' Sawman(y)

Janice: I'm just up the road and I too have had some nice times in Arbroath and love their Smokies(y)

Why would I take offence I do not come from Arbroath I am a Glenner with heather between my toes. Or so some would have you believe.:LOL:

Nah.... I was only joking!!! (y)

I can send yeh some Smokies if yeh want. Not sure how they'll last in the post tho, the way Royal Mail has been recently. Or maybe yeh'd prefer some rowies or huggis, neeps and chappit tatties, maybe partin bree or just a deep fried Mars bar (they were invented in Stoney - never had one tho). All local favourites.(y)

Well I brought some Smokies home from my visit in September and they vacuumed packed them for my 500 mile car journey! Glad they did!! :D

Not fancy the other stuff then??:)

Hmm crab soup, Aberdeen rolls, no!

Have haggis neeps and tatties anyway... thanks though! (y)

Back