Arch and Water

ed34

Bitter and Twisted
Name
sean edwards
Edit My Images
Yes
not posted recently so what do you think of this,taken a couple of weeks ago at Hampton court just a few miles from where i live,

any c+c most welcome TFL
sean
IMG_6210.jpg

As a relative n00b I feel a bit awkward about offering any advice or comment on this picture, but then as I like the composition I thought I would give it a try. If you don't agree or like what I've done, please feel free to shoot me down in flames. I also got to learn :)

Like I said, I think the composition is really nice but, it's a little off square. On the edit I gave it 0.5 degrees ccw, nice balance now. Then I thought the sky was a little blown so I did a photoshop polarizing job on it, just to bring out some of the detail in the cloud. Finally although the copy image was only low res I felt it needed a little sharpen so put 15% USM into it. See what you think.

IMG_6210copy.jpg

:)

I thought it looked crooked too - but the edit now looks to have gone the other way....so it was probably Ok in the first place.

I prefer the simpler frame and the sky is improved but the effect is not that obvious.

As to the picture itself - I keep wanting to lean to the left and look past the trees :)

It's one of those pictures that can defy 'squaring'. I think the problem is that the arch is oblique and thus its perspective is coming towards you (or away) and thus the horizontals will never appear such. I just plumbed for the main left hand tower and got that vertical.

I only set the opacity to around 40% on the layer mask for the sky as it stared to look more harsh on the edges on the low res jpeg. I think with the original it could be worked up a bit.

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, so as to speak. Thats what I like about this picture, you just want to see whats behind that bush and through the gate :)

wetsparks your more than welcome to have a play,i thought the same about being off square,but when i tried to alter it it made it worse so i left it:shrug: .the sky is better if only a slight tweek,yeh the border is a bit c**p i must admit i must try harder:bonk: .RobertP i know what you mean about wanting to see passed the trees the girlfriend said the same thing,but it wasnt possible to take a shot further to the left because of the fence:bang:
thanks for your comments sean

Back